Problem with GPS apps

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Good job Rastaviper, I believe you are one of the first to get bluetooth GPS working. I am sure lots of others will want to follow suit.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
After returning from a long day out, I think that NOOK has many potentials also as GPS.
I did some testing on my way with car this afternoon with CoPilot and my gps receiver Holux GPSlim 236.
At the beginning the response was really slow and didnt have so good results.But later on some open air areas, the program was following exactly the road without any delays. :) :)

Also, another program who is working but didnt test it at road is iGOMyWay v8.4.2.139242 .

Cant wait for a better BT fix that can hold the connection in much bigger distance.Right now having NC next to receiver to hold the gps signal is a big problem.

PixelSlave

Mar 21, 2011
Cant wait for a better BT fix that can hold the connection in much bigger distance.Right now having NC next to receiver to hold the gps signal is a big problem.

You might want to try TetherGPS. Here's my hands-on video:

It's working quite well. I was not seeing any delay and both the map data and the GPS data were fed from my Droid.

Installation is easy, you just need to install TetherGPS on both your phone and your Nook Color.

Last edited by a moderator:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
You might want to try TetherGPS. Here's my hands-on video:

]Installation is easy, you just need to install TetherGPS on both your phone and your Nook Color.
I dont have an Android phone. ;)
And if I had, no point to drain battery from 2 devices for this.

PixelSlave

Mar 21, 2011
A ha. Well, I used the Google Navigation app, which requires a 2nd device for data connection anyway. If I used a Bluetooth GPS, I would actually need 3 devices :)

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
First version of SYGIC AURA 11.01 that works with no problem for my NC!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

SygicNavigator_11.0.1_CNSTeam

dotzil

Jun 15, 2011
How you do it?
What Version of android (CM 7 stable or a nightly)?
How you install sygic?
I install sygic (SygicNavigator_11.0.1_CNSTeam), download maps, start sygic and "The application Sygic (process com.sygic.aura) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." message pop up.
What I do wrong?
I try with CM7.0.3, CM 7.0.2, CM nightly and phiremod latest.
Can you help me figuring out what I do wrong?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
How you do it?
What Version of android (CM 7 stable or a nightly)?
How you install sygic?
I install sygic (SygicNavigator_11.0.1_CNSTeam), download maps, start sygic and "The application Sygic (process com.sygic.aura) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." message pop up.
What I do wrong?
I try with CM7.0.3, CM 7.0.2, CM nightly and phiremod latest.
Can you help me figuring out what I do wrong?
I was with PD 6.1 I think when I used it and before this version of Sygic, I had same errors this U.
With this version of Sygic, I just have to get GPS signal first (with true or fake gps receiver) and then Sygic starts just fine.
Now with PD 6.3 everything still works great.Also with other Igo app.

dotzil

Jun 15, 2011
I was with PD 6.1 I think when I used it and before this version of Sygic, I had same errors this U.
With this version of Sygic, I just have to get GPS signal first (with true or fake gps receiver) and then Sygic starts just fine.
Now with PD 6.3 everything still works great.Also with other Igo app.

When you said "just have to get GPS signal first" I check again one of your other posts and found this "I used Bluetooth GPS app to create a virtual GPS for NC."
I assumed that Bluetooth GPS and Bluetooth GPS Provider were the same app. The Provider it's not working correctly (not working at all) the other, Bluetooth GPS, works perfectly.
By the way now I'm on phiremod-nook-v7-TEST, using Bluetooth GPS app,and the sygic that you suggested.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I use also Fake GPS app.just to get a fast gps fix

Sent from Nook Color on Phiremod 6.3 @1.3Ghz