Problem with Le Pan II & Verbatim 97537 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Folding Keyboard

KEHT

Jan 18, 2012
I was trying to get my Verbatim 97537 BT keyboard with my new Le Pan II and ran into a problem. When I attempt to pair and connect these devices everything works at the beginning. Tablet displays a code, I enter it on the keyboard and afterwards it displays it as "Paired & Coneected". However, when I attempt to type anything with it, keyboard disconnects from the tablet immediately. Did anybody encounter anything like it and/or know of a fix? Keyboard works just fine with my Android 2.3.5 EVO 3D.

$71Fb0wx4s3L._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hopefully some one will be able to help you with this.
My self, I have had little use for any BT devices. The cell ear buds never worked for squat. You pay hi dollar for some and they work 3 months and then won't hold a charge and the place you bought it from wont help you and the manufacturer makes it almost impossible to file a warranty claim. Any who......I hope you get this resolved.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I have two le pan II's. I installed the update on one. Bought a bluetooth keyboard today and the one that has been updated connected to the keyboard with no problem. I installed bluekeyboard jp to complete the connection. The other Le Pan that was not updated would pair on first attempt but keyboard wont work and the le pan does not even see it now. I went to install bluekeyboard for that one and the market says it is not compatible with that device. Anybody else have any experience with this?

KEHT

Jan 18, 2012
I have two le pan II's. I installed the update on one. Bought a bluetooth keyboard today and the one that has been updated connected to the keyboard with no problem. I installed bluekeyboard jp to complete the connection. The other Le Pan that was not updated would pair on first attempt but keyboard wont work and the le pan does not even see it now. I went to install bluekeyboard for that one and the market says it is not compatible with that device. Anybody else have any experience with this?
So, there's an issue with Le Pan's bluetooth stack! Now if only I woud've been able to download that update successfully. :)
You might need to use a bluetooth key board app like Blue Keyboard JP to get it to work https://market.android.com/details?id=elbrain.bluekeyboard.ime&hl=en.

Thanks!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I decided to go ahead and update my wifes Le Pan. I guess the update is no longer available.

LePandroid

Jan 18, 2012
I read many posts about the Le Pan II before getting mine and it looked like many were having problems with the update. So when I got mine 3 days ago and saw the update notification I called Le pan support tto ask about it because someone had posted that when they spoke to sopport about it they were told that the update was not ready yet. When I asked about it, he stated that's correct... the update should be ready in about 2 weeks and they will post something on their site to let us know when its ready.
I hope this helps and good luck with your new tablet ;)

KEHT

Jan 18, 2012
The v118 firmware solved the problem. The two play nice together. If you like to use languages other than English you have to switch to something like MultiLing keyboard and type while the on-screen keyboard is up.