Problem with MicroSD card

necromonger

Dec 16, 2010
I have a 1 GB Micro SD on the device and when I go to settings>SD Card & Device Storage it says SD Card Unavailable it only shows the internal which is a measly 2.75GB.

Any ideas?

necromonger

Dec 16, 2010
I have the 7015 model. It cannot read my 8GB HC, 4GB, or my 1GB microSDs. Should I return it?

Man I am getting so much badluck with tablets..

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
My rough start is here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-tablets/3778-mid7015-microsd-only-microsdhc-ok.html

Have you gotten any card at all to read in it?
Here's a photo (if it lets me) of it installed correctly at last in my 7015.
$microSD card.jpeg

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
Hmmm... could be a hardware problem. Have tried to do a system reset from recovery? I have three of these units and they read the cards fine.

necromonger

Dec 16, 2010
No I haven't done a reset. And it did not read any of them it just said SD Card unavailable whenever I insert one. I got this as a gift for someone, but I have had really had luck with three tablets already; Nook Color, Coby Kyros, and the Cruz Tablet... They are too complicated to hack. Why cant they be as easy as my Viewsonic G, that thing is easy to hack and flash. I cannot get any of the secondary apps like ADB or WinImage to read or detect the tablet. When I did the Nvflash on my Viewsonic, the flash script or exe detected it right away and flashed it, had no problems with drivers or anything.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Another thing to try is to insert the card and power off then on the unit.
On mine I had to format the card before it would use it. Power up cycle does a search for cards.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
You need to have the card inserted before the device is powered up. You also must format the card using the Kyros settings menu.

ronza

Sep 28, 2011
I noticed that some SDHC Cards say compatible with: and the mention various windows version and Mac and Linux but nothing about Android. I just bought the new X-10 Android Air Pad. ($200) has a micro disk slot. But it would not recognize a 32GB card. ( I just read today...that Google said Android Tabs, will not read 32 GB. However I also tried an 8GB micro from Sandisk and my AirPad does not recognize it. When I go to storage on settings, it says please insert cared for mounting, however the card is already inserted. If you Google problems with Micro Cards onAndroid you will fin many, many listings of people in the same boat. My next step is to buy a small SD card reader with a usb male so I can plug that into the Host USB port on my Air Pad. If that works...I'll let you know