Problem with MP4 files (HD vids)

Borcamy

Sep 22, 2011
Hello,

I recently purchased an Acer Iconia a500 tablet and I have problems playing MP4 video files (HD 720p ones).

I don't know but for some reasons the movies are played much faster than normal. When I use Moboplayer, the files are played like 8x faster than normal and there's no sound. And I have absolutely no control over it.

I tried Dice player and it's a little bit better. It only seems to be played 2x faster but no sound either.

I read AVI files ok. Moboplayer was able to play an MKV file but it wasn't great. It was choppy and there was no sound.

*Sigh* VLC media player just can't come up with their Android app soon enough...

Anyway, can anyone help me or at least explain to me what's going on?

faizan131

Sep 21, 2011
Use the total video convertor And decrease the Fps Of 720p Tablets or n8 playing on 18 to 20 fps u neeed to decrease ok

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
if your updated to 3.2, you can watch all video formats and access the external HDD even it's NTSF, HD or not.

but being a v3.2 updated, you cannot root your tablet anymore. That's what happened to mine.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
MOBO player: Settings: Use Software Decode by default should be turned on. Fixes the no sound problem.

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
can you tell us the parameters of your mp4 HD video, such as bitrate, sample rate, format, codec etc. you can get these information by Mediainfo.

Generally, video playback without sound, because the audio codec can't be supported by players.