Problem with my Android Tablet

persephone

Apr 20, 2012
I just received my tablet today in the mail, it is brand new out of the box and the screen is SO difficult to use. I have to really press down hard with my finger and tap several times for anything to open up. How can I fix this problem? (I just want to see if there is an easy solution, otherwise I am going to send it back to the seller...)

Thanks!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Firstly do you have a resistive screen? If so there should be a calibration somewhere in settings to help. Some resistive screens work much better with a stylus of some kind. I got a couple of nintendo ones for 1p each off ebay that worked well with mine.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

persephone

Apr 20, 2012
I have already tried the calibration and it still is just as difficult to use the screen afterwards.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Some cheap tabs are just like that I'm afraid. Try a stylus ( I used a piece of plastic at first just make sure its smooth so it doesn't scratch the screen).
Also I have to ask, have you removed screen protector first. I didn't & felt a right fool when I realised. Then months later I discovered there was another one underneath that!. When I had removed both it was a lot better , still not great but just abnout useable without me wanting to throw it at the wall all the time.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Ps I'm not talking about film on screen out of box, I DO mean after removing that, I still had 2 screen protectors on.

persephone

Apr 20, 2012
I took the screen protectors off when I first got it...so that's not the problem. I appreciate everyone's help...but it is still not working. I have to press really hard and repeatedly for it to work.