Problem with my copy of Cube U30GT (H)

yaoting

Jun 25, 2012
Hi,

There are some problems with my Cube U30GT (H) model.

1. The wifi is acting very erratic. Sometime it works properly, sometimes it just refuse to be found by Android. The 'Turning on Wifi Device' would be permanently on.

2. I wanted to reset the system so I can flash the firmware to v1.06 Jelly bean. However, the "Volume Up + Power on" buttons combination don't work. If I do that, the tablet will be permanently black and I have to wait for about 30 minutes before I can even turn it on again. The Rockchip flasher is unable to sense the tablet as being ready to be flashed.

Anyone has similar problems and found a solution to it?

D

Dawnstar

Hi,

There are some problems with my Cube U30GT (H) model.

1. The wifi is acting very erratic. Sometime it works properly, sometimes it just refuse to be found by Android. The 'Turning on Wifi Device' would be permanently on.

2. I wanted to reset the system so I can flash the firmware to v1.06 Jelly bean. However, the "Volume Up + Power on" buttons combination don't work. If I do that, the tablet will be permanently black and I have to wait for about 30 minutes before I can even turn it on again. The Rockchip flasher is unable to sense the tablet as being ready to be flashed.

Anyone has similar problems and found a solution to it?

Hello

It sounds to me you are doing it wrong, (turn off your Cube) then press the buttons also follow this guild

First you will need a RKBatchTool_1.5.exe to install on your PC only. then you need the JB 10.4 then the update JB 10.6

This guild works because i have the same Cube.

1. Shut down your tablet

2. Plug the USB cable into your tablet and connect the other end of the USB cable to your PC

3. Now pressing the power button and volume + buttons together

4 Once Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

5. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folderwithin the extractedbatch tool folder and select it allowing windows to installthe driver. If youaren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failurego to DeviceManager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and selectupdatedrivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with thedriversfor your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

6. If all ok the "device 1 connected" squarewithin theRKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

7. Press the “upgrade” button in RKBatchTool_1.5

8. The green square should change to orange showing that theflash operationis happening

9. If all ok you should get a success message at the end(takes about 3minutes)

10. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then pressthe power button

11. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than anormal boot. Justbe patient and wait for the lockscreen.

12. The default language will be Chinese. When you get aprompt hit the homebutton and then go to settings and look for the menu optionwith a letter A in a white box (this is language). Select this and then the topoption on theright hand side of the screen. This will give you a list of languages. Select English (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.

Done

The files you need

1. unzip then use batch tool to install to desktop on PC then use the other driver below in order
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.5.zip

2. Unzip (Desktop rar) to your desktop PC in the 104 folder is the JB driver (U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_20120803) this will be in chinese install this driver first read (12) of the guild you must select English.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Desktop.rar

3. Then unzip (kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-106) folder this is the update to JB it turns your tablet to full English verson v1.0.6
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-106.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

dawoyo

Oct 1, 2012
Hello

It sounds to me you are doing it wrong, (turn off your Cube) then press the buttons also follow this guild

First you will need a RKBatchTool_1.5.exe to install on your PC only. then you need the JB 10.4 then the update JB 10.6

This guild works because i have the same Cube.

1. Shut down your tablet

2. Plug the USB cable into your tablet and connect the other end of the USB cable to your PC

3. Now pressing the power button and volume + buttons together

4 Once Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

5. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folderwithin the extractedbatch tool folder and select it allowing windows to installthe driver. If youaren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failurego to DeviceManager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and selectupdatedrivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with thedriversfor your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

6. If all ok the "device 1 connected" squarewithin theRKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

7. Press the “upgrade” button in RKBatchTool_1.5

8. The green square should change to orange showing that theflash operationis happening

9. If all ok you should get a success message at the end(takes about 3minutes)

10. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then pressthe power button

11. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than anormal boot. Justbe patient and wait for the lockscreen.

12. The default language will be Chinese. When you get aprompt hit the homebutton and then go to settings and look for the menu optionwith a letter A in a white box (this is language). Select this and then the topoption on theright hand side of the screen. This will give you a list of languages. Select English (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.

Done

The files you need

1. unzip then use batch tool to install to desktop on PC then use the other driver below in order
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.5.zip

2. Unzip (Desktop rar) to your desktop PC in the 104 folder is the JB driver (U30GT-H_Android4.1_V1.04_20120803) this will be in chinese install this driver first read (12) of the guild you must select English.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Desktop.rar

3. Then unzip (kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-106) folder this is the update to JB it turns your tablet to full English verson v1.0.6
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-106.zip

Hello,

I love your post and that now makes me feel you can help me. I was trying to send an app from my Cube U30GT-H tablet to my android note and then my U30GT-H just went off, on powering it up, I discovered it will boot to the lock screen and then automatically restart itself and then continues to boot (load) endlessly without showing the lock screen again. Please, can you advise on what to do and how to go about it? My intention is to reset or flash it but do not know how to go about that. I'm a newbie to android tabs and would really appreciate any help you could render.

Many thanks,

Ayodele

NOTE

I was able to solve the problem, I connected my CUBE just as you illustrated above and then upgraded the firmware with kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-106 though I spiked the use of Desktop rar and guess what, my CUBE is now working.
Thanks a million.

Last edited:

BEEJAY333

Nov 16, 2013
Anyone can help?

I have CUBE U30GT-H tablet that do not go Forward after chinese cube logo (and donot go to Android logo). On connecting to Computer, both drive show no files or is empty. I shows the drives on connecting to computer but as if it is wiped out. How can I restart my Android.