Problem with Skype

kostik

Jun 21, 2013
Hello,
I have experienced sound issues with skype app. After talking about 4-5 minutes with any of my contacts, they can't hear well. Sound comes and goes and I have to shout to any of the 2 microphones in order to hear me better. As the minutes pass, it gets worse and worse, so I have to end this call and call them back again. After calling back again can talk 2-3 minutes well and then it starts again! I assumed this was a Skype's problem but tried to use ooVoo today and faced the same too. Anyone experienced the same?

WRONGonRED

Jun 20, 2013
Might be an internet connection problem. I've had that problem many times (using phone, tablet & laptop) when I skype to say hi to my family in New York. Usually it's a connection problem on their end. I've tested it out using my laptop to skype to my tablet on the same internet connection and never had any problems. I would suggest if you have an extra device to skype with, make another account and test it between the two. If it doesn't do it, then the person you are trying to skype with might be the culprit.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The Skype app update 4.4 version for the Android platform brings quality improvements in the call and video departments. TalkBack screen reader has been tweaked to offer full support and changes in the audio routing as well as incoming call issues have been addressed. The update also brings user interface changes and user experience enhancements with capability to switch orientation.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Skype app update 4.4 version for the Android platform brings quality improvements in the call and video departments. TalkBack screen reader has been tweaked to offer full support and changes in the audio routing as well as incoming call issues have been addressed. The update also brings user interface changes and user experience enhancements with capability to switch orientation.

Will this solve the problem they're experiencing?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
If it's a software issue, then maybe. If not, then indeed, reflashing may help.