Problem with TF300T and AVIA media player not seeing my NAS drive and desktop PC

hairball43

Mar 29, 2013
Hey, newbie here. I have an Asus TF300T tablet, and a Seagate Blackarmor NAS 110 drive. In the past everything worked fine, and I could stream movies/photos/music without a hitch. I made several changes over the last 2 months 1) built new PC with I7 and windows 8, and 2) turned old PC into a server running WHS 2011. The problem I am now having is in running Avia media player on the tablet. The NAS drive and desktop PC does not show up at all. Sharing is turned on on both NAS and desktop. I have also reset the router and the NAS drive several times to no avail and made sure latest firmware is in use. I can see and run everything from the NAS drive on the desktop. Additionally, my Samsung LED TV can see and run the NAS data. Did I overlook anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
Are you saying that the AVIA player worked before all the changes? Can you see those servers, (including the NAS) with a file manager?

hairball43

Mar 29, 2013
Yes, all was working properly prior. Even a uninstall/reinstall of Avia did not help. The normal file manager in ASUS does not see it. Is this the proper place to look, or is there a different app I should be using for this?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds like it may be a security issue on the devices. Something the stock file manager is having a problem with. Get ES File Explorer. It does a great job of finding network resources based on the IP address then use it to try to log in.

hairball43

Mar 29, 2013
I did that and was able to log in and start up some of the media without a problem. Is there another step I can take to try and resolve this, or should I simply run my media thru the file explorer? Thanks for the help!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you saved the credentials in the file manager and can continue accessing the various systems the problem may be in the app. You could try uninstalling it, restarting the tab and installing it again.

hairball43

Mar 29, 2013
I did the uninstall, tried a cold reboot, then did the reinstall. Still not showing up. This is driving me nuts.