Problem with transformer, switch to galaxy tab 10.1?

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
Hello, I currently have the Asus see pad transformer and I am having an issue with the power button. I do have a square trade warranty so if I file a claim, I will ship my transformer to them and they will give me the amount of money I bought it for. My question is, should I take that money from the transformer and buy the galaxy tab? The main reason I bought the transformer over other tablets was for the keyboard because I will be using this for homework to type essays, powerpoints,etc. Now that the Galaxy tab has a keyboard, should I buy it or keep the transformer? Money is not a problem also.
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

GTNTP

Jun 20, 2011
I had considered the Transformer as well. I went with the Samsung for two reasons...1. SAmsung I feel will update their devices faster and 2. it is a lighter and thinner tablet. They ahve a great keyboard dock for the Tab, so if that is your issue then they have solved that one. I would use the money for the Tab

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
Every tablet can have a keyboard, a bluetooth one.

The transformers dock is just simply better than the rest because it adds things like mouse points has USB so you can stick in a mouse and transfer files etc. The Dock also has a battery so you can use it for like what..15hrs?

If you want a more netbook feel then just replace the transformer you have. The Galaxy tab will be more of a toy

GTNTP

Jun 20, 2011
Love my Galazy Tab 10.1 as a Tool that also works well an entertainment device or toy.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
frankly if you plan on using it mostly for homework/essays you might as well get a notebook. tablets are great consumption device but not so much as work devices

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
I was not just getting it for homework. I would just need to use it for that occasionally.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I had considered the Transformer as well. I went with the Samsung for two reasons...1. SAmsung I feel will update their devices faster and 2. it is a lighter and thinner tablet. They ahve a great keyboard dock for the Tab, so if that is your issue then they have solved that one. I would use the money for the Tab

That is interesting rationale because Samsung is notorious for taking forever to update their phones. I own the Galaxy Tab 7", which I love, but it has not seen an update from Samsung ever (still waiting for an update to 2.3 that was announced several weeks ago). I bought the Asus Transformer to accompany my 7" tab (which I use as a mobile multifunction device in my car) and plan to use the Transformer as an internet connected entertainment and productivity device (I will effectively retire my netbook). The day I opened the Transformer box and registered the device, Asus transmitted an update to Android 3.1 plus a firmware update for the tablet and the dock. So based on my experience, Asus has been more responsive with respect to updates. And agree with others here that the Asus keyboard dock is more than just a keyboard dock as it provides the USB connections, an additional SD card slot and of course the extended battery. So I personally suggest sticking with the transformer (if you want/need the dock) but the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is worth consideration if you a comparing just the tablets due to its lighter weight and build quality.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
That is interesting rationale because Samsung is notorious for taking forever to update their phones. I own the Galaxy Tab 7", which I love, but it has not seen an update from Samsung ever (still waiting for an update to 2.3 that was announced several weeks ago). I bought the Asus Transformer to accompany my 7" tab (which I use as a mobile multifunction device in my car) and plan to use the Transformer as an internet connected entertainment and productivity device (I will effectively retire my netbook). The day I opened the Transformer box and registered the device, Asus transmitted an update to Android 3.1 plus a firmware update for the tablet and the dock. So based on my experience, Asus has been more responsive with respect to updates. And agree with others here that the Asus keyboard dock is more than just a keyboard dock as it provides the USB connections, an additional SD card slot and of course the extended battery. So I personally suggest sticking with the transformer (if you want/need the dock) but the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is worth consideration if you a comparing just the tablets due to its lighter weight and build quality.
this this and more this. I had a samsung moment and they never fixed the issue with the radio locking up which was damn near illegal because you couldn't even call 911. Any company that has a product flaw and refuses to fix it won't see my money. Besides the ice cream tablets will be here in the fall.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

GTNTP

Jun 20, 2011
Vferreri you may have a point on my first reason for buying the Samsung product, we will see, but hey I was just stating my reasoning for buying. Love mine though...I also have the Archos 10.1 and talka bout slow to upgrade.