Problem With WM8850-MID Wondermedia

saifou

Apr 21, 2020
hi all im new in this forum and hope found big helps from expert ,
my old tablet boot normaly but all aplication crash , only parameter setting work , recovery not solving the problem and hard reset disabled Vol- & power not working , all boton work normaly ,booting to flash with 4G micro SD stuck at "wm8850 android d4.0 upgrading"
please advise
regards

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Sadly, it's sounding like your old tablet has bit the dust. Given it's running a version of Android that's now some 8 years old, even if you were able to factory reset it through recovery I don't think it would be of much use. Slow at best, and gimped in RAM, modern apps simply won't work on it and old versions of apps may be a pain to find, if they even work.

Get a new tablet.

saifou

Apr 21, 2020
Sadly, it's sounding like your old tablet has bit the dust. Given it's running a version of Android that's now some 8 years old, even if you were able to factory reset it through recovery I don't think it would be of much use. Slow at best, and gimped in RAM, modern apps simply won't work on it and old versions of apps may be a pain to find, if they even work.

Get a new tablet.
thanks for your answer , for viewing youtube is ok , can u please advise other than to buy new one
regards

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Purchasing a new tablet is the most expedient and least painful option here. The behavior you're describing is almost certainly hardware, especially if a factory reset didn't help. There's no way to be sure however without having someone look at the tablet, but even getting someone to do that would be more than the tablet is worth.