Problems Diablotek D201209B tablet to latest release.

MrAbody

Dec 4, 2012
Hi All,

Just got the oh so fun biglots D2 7" tablet. I am new to tablets and android especially, I really want to start playing around with loading different roms and remove bloatware. I wanted to make sure I could load a factory image first. I am trying to update my tablet to the one put out in October, spent hours going through the directions listed on D2pad.info and it's not working. I have the USB and vid_1f3a_pid_efe8 loaded and seemingly working but livesuit never finds the device. I have tried it on several different pcs (xpsp3-32, win7-64) with no luck. I pre-load the drivers for livesuit, choose my image then hold down the vol+key, plug in and wait for the vid_1f3a_pid_efe8 driver to appear in device manager and press the power button 8-9 (or 10+ times) and livesuit never finds the device.

Is there another way to flash the image, perhaps over ADB?

Also, I noticed that everyone said these things had 1GB memory and 1.2mhz processor, but I noticed after I got mine that the box only says 512 and 1mhz. Anyone know why? are the D201208B the more powerful ones?

I am still learning here and any help would be appreciated

Thanks and sorry about the newbish question.

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
The original D2pads (e.g DII PAD_BK) came with 1Gb ram. DII PAD_BK

The newer D2pads (e.g. D2-711_BK) come with 512Kb ram. D2-711_BK

The October updates for the older D201208 and D201209 probably don't apply to the newer D2pad.
Currently there are no updates in the downloads section of the newer D2pads.

Based on the pictures of the newer ones, I can see that the buttons are not in the same place as on the older ones.
Some kind of "system info" app should uncover what the internal differences are, besides ram.
You can hope that one of the experts on this forum gets involved and creates a Clockworkmod Recovery for the new D2pad.

MrAbody

Dec 4, 2012
Doh!!! I bought the wrong one! I had read good reviews about the tablet (for what it was) and really wanted the 1GB ram. Has anyone used this one? is it any good? if not back it goes.

Thanks Jimc3!!!

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
MrAbody,

I just picked up both the (DII with 1.2GHz/1GB) and the (D2 with 1.0GHz/512) this week. That 79.99 price at Big Lots is hard to beat! I'm going to visit a few more locations before the AD ends on Saturday. Trying to find one more DII for a gift.

I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, so there are lots of different Big Lots locations to visit. I saw lots of BLUE, PINK, WHITE and BLACK D2's out there, but I only found one DII...bought it. The KEY is to look for the "Rainbow" box of the DII. The picture of the tablet on the box has all the colors of the rainbow. It is also larger than the D2 boxes.

$DII tab with 1.2GHz and 1GB.jpg$D2 tab with 1.0GHz and 512MB.jpg

I've charged and booted both up. The DII and D2 I bought already have the latest firmware, Sept. 19, 2012. Just for grins, I did download the software, install it, and run the firmware upgrade from the D2tab.info website. It flashed to the same Sept. 19, 2012 version.

Your're right...I had to manually install and update the drivers on several "unknown" USB devices in Device Mgr on my XP sp3 laptop before the update would start. The instructions mention the Device Mgr trick on **Note 2 at the bottom of page 2. It took several attempts, but it did finally work.

Really enjoying the tabs so far. The DII has a piano black, shiny case. It's a real fingerprint magnet. The D2 has a blue, slightly rubbery case. The DII is also a little bit larger than the D2. You can check out the specs on the D2tab.info website.

Some good preloaded games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, and Cut the Rope. Should be good for the younger kids. Now if I could just find a rubber or plastic case.

Happy Hunting,

Robyski

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
MrAbody,

I just picked up both the (DII with 1.2GHz/1GB) and the (D2 with 1.0GHz/512) this week. That 79.99 price at Big Lots is hard to beat! I'm going to visit a few more locations before the AD ends on Saturday. Trying to find one more DII for a gift.

I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, so there are lots of different Big Lots locations to visit. I saw lots of BLUE, PINK, WHITE and BLACK D2's out there, but I only found one DII...bought it. The KEY is to look for the "Rainbow" box of the DII. The picture of the tablet on the box has all the colors of the rainbow. It is also larger than the D2 boxes.

View attachment 9271View attachment 9272

I've charged and booted both up. The DII and D2 I bought already have the latest firmware, Sept. 19, 2012. Just for grins, I did download the software, install it, and run the firmware upgrade from the D2tab.info website. It flashed to the same Sept. 19, 2012 version.

Your're right...I had to manually install and update the drivers on several "unknown" USB devices in Device Mgr on my XP sp3 laptop before the update would start. The instructions mention the Device Mgr trick on **Note 2 at the bottom of page 2. It took several attempts, but it did finally work.

Really enjoying the tabs so far. The DII has a piano black, shiny case. It's a real fingerprint magnet. The D2 has a blue, slightly rubbery case. The DII is also a little bit larger than the D2. You can check out the specs on the D2tab.info website.

Some good preloaded games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, and Cut the Rope. Should be good for the younger kids. Now if I could just find a rubber or plastic case.

Happy Hunting,

Robyski

Thanks for the info!!!

I ran ROM Toolbox Pro on the D2 Tablet and it clearly states it's 1.2 Ghz!!! Will try some other tool to double check...

Too late for me since I already got two D2. But they are not that bad after all. Still thinking about returning them though.

Can you run a side by side comparison between the DII and D2?

Can you feel the RAM difference? (you should notice it mostly when browsing big "desktop" web sites)...

Let us know pretty please!

Cheers!

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
All,

Good news...found a stash of (5-6) "Good" DII tabs (1.2GHz/1GB RAM) at the Big Lots in Grapevine, TX this afternoon! Picked up another one for a gift. It's tempting to buy some extras and share with the androidtablets.net group :D.

I'll try to run some side-by-side comparisons in the next few days. I'm sure the 1GB vs. 512MB will make a big difference with most apps as well as browsing.

Robyski

RayanMX

Jan 12, 2011
That's good news!

I wonder if I can have BigLots exchange mine for the DII version since they cost the same...

First I gotta go see if they actually have DIIs in stock.

Thanks for the tip!