Problems getting TF to "see" files on desktop media file storage

Warkman

Aug 26, 2011
Hi there, I am a complete Noob when it comes to Android.
I have a home system where I have, through Network magic, three Windows based laptops connected and using media files stored on my Desktop.
I can't seem to find the shared files on the TF.
Network magic shows the TF connected and available to see the files, but on the TF in folders, it only gives me the internal folders and My net only shows media files on the TF and gives me the option in settings for a Digital media server, nothing else.
Am I missing something? or perhaps and app to alllow me to play media from my hard drive on the desktop to the TF?
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Warkman

Aug 26, 2011
I can see the internet and connect for general surfing, email etc, just cant see my home network.
I have checked the router and that shows the TF being connected to it, the same way as Network Magic does. (I use NM as I have a whole set of different windows versions, plus Ipod, Wii etc on my home network)

I have checked that Windows media player (ver 12 on Widows 7) is set to Stream, with the appropriate sections checked, all files are shared for everyone
I have tried the Splashtop Streamer and the Splashtop remote, which works fine, but then it ties up my desktop of course. I now have tried the My Net application, but that only shows the Transformer TF101 folder, I have downlaoded UPnPlay and that cant see the files, I then tried File Expert and that crashes when trying to connect to my manual input of the IP address and doesnt see the home network at all.

I am probably doing something really thick, but not sure what it is.
I will try turning off Network magic

Warkman

Aug 26, 2011
UPDATE
Well, Interesting. A file Manager programme "File manager HD" HAS seen the home network and let me connect to it! Just trying to run an avi file from the network ATM. It seems to download it to the TF...
Android is so much different to both Windows and Apple....
This will do me fopr now, but what I really wanted to be able to do was stream from my Media source rather than have to d/l each music file and film

Last edited: