Problems with digitizer in MID7015

raphabot

Feb 28, 2011
Hi!
I just bought my device, a Mid7015.
In my second day with the mid, the touch commands was faulty. In the third, it stopped completely.
I applied the Watery Kyros V1.1 Custom Firmware for MID7015 and, surprisely, the touch commands got back working!
But, now, on it's 4th day, it stopped again. Reapplying the firmware don't give sucess anymore.
And, the problem is, I live in Brazil and bougth the MID in another country, because i couldn't find it here. And i can't afford going to that country again in the near future.
Anyone has any idea if the problem is the digitizer? Can anyone give me some help? Any place to bougth a new digitizer online?

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Even though you bought it somewhere else from where you live , you should contact Coby as popeye says... It should still be covered under some waranty... I am to assume then that you didn't get any insurance for it?

chicle

Jan 30, 2011
Try calibrating your tablet. You should do this first thing after installing new fw. Try installing the original firmware, calibrate, then flash with Watery Kyros and calibrate again.

Have you installed the update from the Coby website, or was yours updated already?

Good luck.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

raphabot

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks for the help!
But Coby USA didn't answer my email.
The company that represents Coby here in Brazil said they can't help me, because they don't sell this product here in Brazil at the moment.

About the calibrate, i just can't do it.

When i'm using the tablet, sometimes the digitizer works, sometimes not. But, when works, all the bottom of the screen don't recgonize touch, so, i can't touch the second "target" on the calibrate program.

I'm thinking about opening it and verifying if the cables inside are okay... Does anyone knows how to open it?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I can probably get you my pointercal file later today after I'm done with work... Pushing it to your tablet via adb may fix it...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

raphabot

Feb 28, 2011
Somehow, it's working, but doesen't matter how many times i calibrate, it is tottaly unprecise. I gonna throw it away.