problems with ethernet

brendanoco

May 14, 2012
hello i have a Zenithink ZT-280 C91 10.2 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 4.0 Tablet Cortex A9 1GHz 8GB Wifi and the usb ethernet adapter
connection
that comes with it does not work, anyone know why???. the adapter itself seems to be working as i plugged it into my samsung and it recognized it. sorry if this has been answered already could not find it.

J

jimbo7630

Have you enabled it via Settings>Wireless and Network?

Last edited by a moderator:

brendanoco

May 14, 2012
i think i have but im not sure to be honest, do you know what im supposed to do in that section?

J

jimbo7630

If your Tablet is the 10" it should have an Ethernet socket and in Settings>Wireless and Network there should be a section for Ethernet you will have to make sure that there is a tick against Ethernet (same goes for WiFi)

Edit: Addendum - you may have to configure the Ethernet connection as well, click on Configure Ethernet to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

brendanoco

May 14, 2012
I have gone into wireless and networks and i have turned the Ethernet switch on (again) it still didn't come up so in configuration the settings are eth0 is at the top it might be the name and the connection type is under dhcp. the 10" only came with an Ethernet adapter it doesn't have a socket

J

jimbo7630

You need someone else to help you here, hang on, there ought to be an expert along shortly!.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Is your ethernet cable going directly into the router/modem? Have you tried the cable with another device such as a computer or laptop? I'd start there first. You could have a bad port or cable. Once you make sure you have a good connection then move on to diagnosing the tablet's connection.

JP

Edit: when you say you plugged into your Samsung, what is that? Another tablet, phone or pc? Always best to start with the simplest things first.

suzook

May 16, 2012
Hey brendanco

have just received my zt282 c91 upgrade, exactly the same issue as you. Running latest build from zenithink site of ICS (android 4). Disable wifi, enable ethernet , patch to a switch , hub or router results in no led being lit on them and no connection, have configured static no joy as theres no link either for static or dhcp.

Ive been in touch with the uk supplier, they tested another unit there out of the box without issue. Ive got another 2 units coming later this week/early next week for other members of the team, so will test them and see if the issue also occurs on them. If not, its either a faulty device port or faulty adapter, which i can rule out if they work by using an adapter from them .