Problems with file assiciations...

orion7x

Jul 27, 2011
When I try to play a downloaded song or look at an downloaded image, I touch the pic or song and the screen darkens like it will do something but no program starts to do its thing. What is going on and what is the trick to getting file associations to work properly? This is very important. Any help is appreciated...

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Do you have the correct application installed? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled that application?

orion7x

Jul 27, 2011
I have several applications that would normally pull up anything I would click. I think it worked when I got the tblet but no more for anything like I mrfnioned. For instance right now I have an alert bt the clock that I have a reply from Google help on an issue. The little icon is there. I click it an the screen gets dark but nothing displays the item. Its Google help..... pretty obvious issue here...

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

neonerd

Oct 25, 2011
we have the same problem with our xooms at work. ten tablets and if i instal adobes' pdf viewer, we get the " screen dim" when viewing a pdf download from the internet.

so far the only solution I have found is un installing the program and using the default viewer (docs to go?)

the packaged viewer is horible and breaks on some of our gif logos.

I will continue my serch and post again with any solution

andrewcass

Jul 11, 2011
When I try to play a downloaded song or look at an downloaded image, I touch the pic or song and the screen darkens like it will do something but no program starts to do its thing. What is going on and what is the trick to getting file associations to work properly? This is very important. Any help is appreciated...

I have the same problem
It seems that at every reset (system restart) the android OS seeks (reads) the file association database for all apps. Then after an hour the file association works fine again!
The solution is to wait an hour or two!