problems with kindle app on etouch 10'' 2.1 software

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Hey just got done with a fix from amazon for the kindle. It works!!!!! Here is what I had to do.
1. Go to www.amazon.com sign in go to your account and find where you have devices registered, then deregister that device
2. Uninstall Kindle app. from your device
3. reinstall the Kindle app. and register it
It worked for me so hopefully will work for you.

edenjw

Dec 29, 2010
The Kindle app will work with Android 2.2. Version 2.1 will give an 'invalid item' error for DRM books.

Daisimae

Dec 23, 2010
Edenjw, the Kindle app says it works on devices running Android 1.6 or higher. If a person is using the Kindle app and Amazon's own DRM, the books should be readable. The app only reads books from Amazon as far as I know, ALL the books on Amazon have that same DRM. The only way that explanation makes sense is if they changed the Android version the app runs on without telling anyone. In that case the tablet(s) shouldn't even install the app.

I know from my own experience that some of my purchased books, with Amazon DRM on them, did open on my Next3. I just couldn't get all of them to open consistently. I don't think this problem will be cleared up until Amazon releases an update.

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
They may have fixed there app already. That is what I had to do. Just uninstall and deregister everything and reinstall and register it again. But I also went to a different site and read an article about how some time this year Amozon will be creating a Kindle App specifically for Android Tablets. So we will see how it goes but right now mine is working fine!!

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Well guess what? Yep worked one day stopped working the next!! I will keep bugging them until they get so tired of me that they fix this thing right!!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You can force a microSD upgrade to ZT180 firmware. The ZT180 has released a Froyo firmware that is compatible with the Amazon Kindle application.

There have been reports that the firmware of the ZT180 works on the Elonex

This firmware is not without issues though. You should wait for an official update.

Daisimae

Dec 23, 2010
There is a new version of the Kindle app in the Google Market. It's version 2.0.4.103870164. I don't have my Next3 anymore so I don't know if it works. It does work on my eLocity A7.

If you have an Android phone you can download the update, use your app manager to backup the file. Then use the SD card to get it on to your tablet.

If you don't have a smartphone the file may be online at site like 4shared. You can do a Google search to see if you can find it.

Happy Reading!

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Well I was on the phone for the past days talking with techs at Kindle and they finally admitted they have no clue as to what to do. So I decided to download the Nook software and see if it works. It works great. There are some draw backs, like the search on their store is no where as good as kindles but you can read what you download! I plan on checking in from time to time so if anyone finds a fix for the Kindle on android 2.1 on a 10" tablet let me know.
Thanks for everything

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Well last update here: I have given up on kindle and just staying with the Nook. I have had no problems with the nook and the books are the same and for the same price and I have even gotten the bugs out can search and everything just like the Kindle so my advice to all of you is to download the nook and have a great time.

docmaddison

Dec 21, 2010
I talked to Amazon and they were aware of the problem, but, with no solution. After several attempts to resolve, Amazon refunded my purchase and I now use Google Books with no difficulty.

a1bengal

Feb 26, 2011
I have a new z 180 e pad and was able to read my books on my Kindle app for 2 days and now get the drfeaded invalid error so..hoped for fix ...

Petecu

Apr 22, 2011
I was having the same issue of Kindle telling me to delete the book and download again. I upgraded to Kindle 2.04 and made no difference. I talked with a customer service rep who opened a ticket on the problem. I thought to myself "Yeah that's going to do a lot of good."Anyway 2 days later the Kindle 3.05 upgrade was on the Market. Downloaded it de-registered,re-registered and it is now working fine.

cj31111

Jan 6, 2012
I am having problems with the kindle app in that when downloading paid books I keep getting the error message invalid item remove from device and redownload from archive which I then do only to get the same message! This has not occurred when downloading samples and wi fi seems to be connected and at full signal thoughout? Any ideas appreciated.

After several hours of trying re installations of kindle I finally figured out all you need to do is de-registered your device from the kindle app by going into "Menu" select "info" and under the "settings" tab it say "registered too"..... and then your name appears. Click on that and de-register it. Then re-register it again and it should work. I hope this helps.