Problems with Market

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by JayDogBigDaddy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. JayDogBigDaddy

JayDogBigDaddy Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Generic Android 2.2 Tablet
    Hello I am very new to the Android world. I received a Generic 8 in tablet with android 2.2 for my birthday last weekend. When I go to the market - as I scroll through the apps there are hundreds of apps that are in Chinese or Mandarin and only a few in English. This tablet came directly from Hong Kong and I was wondering if there is a regional setting or something I could change because I have been checking the blogs and forums and no one else seems to be having this problem. I have contacted the retail vendor and they said they would have to contact the distributor and that could take a long time. I want to start installing apps but I cannot find hardly any in English.

Please help..
  2. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Motorola Xoom
    JayDogBigDaddy: Are you sure it's the official Google Marketplace? Quite a lot of times vendors put their own market, or other lesser known markets on tablets. Do you know the manufacturer of your tablet? That might help to see if you can get the official marketplace. If you cannot I recommend that you use these popular alternatives:

3. JayDogBigDaddy

JayDogBigDaddy Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Generic Android 2.2 Tablet
    Thank you for your reply feverhost. I do not know if it is the actual Google Marketplace..I'm guessing not. It is very staunchy and buggy..I unfortunately am so new to this I don't know how to setup the actual Google marketplace on my tablet. The only time I tried to download an app not from the app market on the tablet - it said to follow the link so that I could download the app and when I clicked on the link - it said "you do not have permission to access this app". I am so used to Windows that I feel like a very inadequate noob...