Problems with McBub - Others the Same?

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
I am trying to have a defective Momo7 replaced by McBub. Order #1075772. Took very many emails and calls to their office to explain to them that the unit was defective. Very frustrating. They have no clue about these items, they confuse the models, the software installed, etc. Absolutely unprofessional.

Then we were given instructions how to send the unit back to them, but told NOT to send by courier (DHL, Fedex etc). Hence, we send by regular mail (Canada Post) and copied to them shipping information together with images of the parts, forms completed etc, But now they are complaining that they have no tracking number and will not forward a new unit until they receive the defective one. This will take months! By that time, the unit is not only outdated, but also available at a lower price.

I rather have my money back onto my Paypal account.

This is not the first tablet I bought from them, but will be the last.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
I had a similar issue with McBub ...finally resolved.

I really think that major vendors like McBub; Merimobiles and some others really want to do the right thing in a timely fashion, but are hindered by Time Zone difference, the language barrier ...and just some archaic ways of doing business ...like having to ship something back the way you did.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Hopefully you will not have a postal employee open your package, take the tab out, and send an empty package on it's way. That was my experience, not even McBub's fault. Still, they helped me out price wise when it came time to replace that tablet.

I wish you well.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
I had a similar issue with McBub ...finally resolved.

I really think that major vendors like McBub; Merimobiles and some others really want to do the right thing in a timely fashion, but are hindered by Time Zone difference, the language barrier ...and just some archaic ways of doing business ...like having to ship something back the way you did.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Hopefully you will not have a postal employee open your package, take the tab out, and send an empty package on it's way. That was my experience, not even McBub's fault. Still, they helped me out price wise when it came time to replace that tablet.

I wish you well.

Well, very quite on McBubs side. Nothing heard from them. Neither did my wife who did most of the emailing/talking on the phone due to my work schedule. A year ago, I had bought a tablet from them. While my account read something like "payment processed" for the next 2 weeks or so, I never got an acknowledgement that they had shipped it. I had to phone a couple of times to get some details on my purchase and shipment. And I was told that I had to TRUST them that the item had actually been sent. They provided me with tracking numbers, but none of them worked! Eventually, the item arrived a weeks later.

Now this again! Will this get any easier?

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Can McBub please chime in here and clarify everything I am considering them for an order.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Can McBub please chime in here and clarify everything I am considering them for an order.

Good luck.

So far, here is our cost breakdown:

Tablet $129 + (DHL processing fee) $10.00 + (border fees) $6.45 + (return shipping material) $3.00 + (Canada Post Shipping) $18.00 = $166.45 for a defective tablet.

We look at it as a write-off. We doubt very much that we will see a replacement, and should we ... there will be again DHL and border fees on top of this.

Not a success story.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Good luck.

So far, here is our cost breakdown:

Tablet $129 + (DHL processing fee) $10.00 + (border fees) $6.45 + (return shipping material) $3.00 + (Canada Post Shipping) $18.00 = $166.45 for a defective tablet.

We look at it as a write-off. We doubt very much that we will see a replacement, and should we ... there will be again DHL and border fees on top of this.

Not a success story.

Remember DHL charges fee's always, go EMS or anything but DHL for furture china to canada purchases, Canadians get gouged big time on DHL

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
I am trying to have a defective Momo7 replaced by McBub. Order #1075772. Took very many emails and calls to their office to explain to them that the unit was defective. Very frustrating. They have no clue about these items, they confuse the models, the software installed, etc. Absolutely unprofessional.

Then we were given instructions how to send the unit back to them, but told NOT to send by courier (DHL, Fedex etc). Hence, we send by regular mail (Canada Post) and copied to them shipping information together with images of the parts, forms completed etc, But now they are complaining that they have no tracking number and will not forward a new unit until they receive the defective one. This will take months! By that time, the unit is not only outdated, but also available at a lower price.

I rather have my money back onto my Paypal account.

This is not the first tablet I bought from them, but will be the last.

Hi Heinz, I am very sorry for the delayed reply. I have just talked about your order with our customer service. Now, the problem is that there is no tracking number for the return package, so they can't make sure whether the package has been sent out. It does not mean that they do not trust you, but because of our rule. In fact, it does not need one month to receive the package from you, but only need about two weeks. Please be patience. We will send you a new one as soon as we will get your package.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Hi Heinz, I am very sorry for the delayed reply. I have just talked about your order with our customer service. Now, the problem is that there is no tracking number for the return package, so they can't make sure whether the package has been sent out. It does not mean that they do not trust you, but because of our rule. In fact, it does not need one month to receive the package from you, but only need about two weeks. Please be patience. We will send you a new one as soon as we will get your package.

Well, it is three weeks now since we mailed the package. I talked to a friend of mine who works at Beijing University teaching as part of an exchange program (mathematics!). His guess is less than 40% that the return package will ever make it to its intended destination in China.

I am afraid, returning a defective product to McBub is an expensive gamble.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Well, it is three weeks now since we mailed the package. I talked to a friend of mine who works at Beijing University teaching as part of an exchange program (mathematics!). His guess is less than 40% that the return package will ever make it to its intended destination in China.

I am afraid, returning a defective product to McBub is an expensive gamble.

Hi Annie/McBub,

With your New Years over, I am sure you must have received our return shipment (Order #1075772) with all its documentation. Shipping date was mid-January 2013. When will we hear back from you and get our replacement?

I also like to remind you that you had instructed us NOT (!!!) to send the item by any courier because it would be costing you money (duties, border charges etc); hence, we were not able to provide you with a courier's tracking number. I would be happy to include your exact email in this post which contained your detailed return instructions, in case you lost them.

slimjim123

Mar 3, 2013
I wholeheartly agree, mcbub are in fact con artists.
The people who have received anything from them are the lucky ones.
Their website looks great, and the prices look great too, but 90% of the items on there are not in stock.
So you pay, they ignore you and you have to open a claim against them to try and get your money back.
Please, try anyone else to buy your gadgets from, they WILL just rip you off.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Reading this is making me nervous... I recently ordered a Pipo U1pro from Mcbub because they support this forum and had a decent price. About 3 days passed and I got a shipping notice with DHL tracking and as of last night it was in Hong Kong waiting to cross the ocean to the USA. I really hope I don't need to mess around with this tablet and have to return it, guess I better grab a Square Trade warranty as soon as it arrives.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Reading this is making me nervous... I recently ordered a Pipo U1pro from Mcbub because they support this forum and had a decent price. About 3 days passed and I got a shipping notice with DHL tracking and as of last night it was in Hong Kong waiting to cross the ocean to the USA. I really hope I don't need to mess around with this tablet and have to return it, guess I better grab a Square Trade warranty as soon as it arrives.

Yes get the warranty if you can will save you a lot of problems, I have a broken tablet I got from mcbub setting in my garage right now.
Mcbub sent it as a replacement for a broken tablet I sent back to them.
So basically the tablet I bought from them was junk, I sent it back very expensive to send tablet back.
Mcbub in return sent me another junk tablet.
Either get square trade or get your money back from mcbub.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Well it's in the USA now, wish I had thought to check here before ordering because I probably would have gone with someone like DH Gate to get it, the extra money might have been worth it. I did read a lot about Pipo, so I may just need to handle things directly through them, or just right it off as a bad lesson (if it doesn't work). Certainly can't count on Paypal doing anything, but might also be worth a try.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Got the tablet, so far it seems to work but I've only had it on for about 15 minutes. I'll put a real review in the proper Rockchip area once I get it all set up.

I also ordered the case and screen protector combo... waste of money. The case fits but no cut out for the forward camera, the elastic in the corners obscures part of the display, the elastic covers several switches and the charge port. I was expecting a case that actually fit the Pipo U1 Pro. The screen protector doesn't even cover all of the active display area, which leaves it hugely short of the rest of the bezel area.

I'm not going to bother contacting customer support, but I'd really like a refund for the screen protector and case, my order number was 1078907.