Problems with McBub - Others the Same?

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Based on other peoples experiences with McBub, we should have made use of PayPal resolution right from the beginning. Other threads in the forum suggest that this worked for them. McBub seems to have quit a reputation, apparently!

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
So far other than the accessories being worthless, I guess I'm lucky with my Pipo purchase.

NuShield Dayview screen protector that I'll need to trim = $20 USD including shipping, at least I know it will fit when I'm done and protect the screen without causing any optical distortions.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Well, let's see what happens... Pipo U1 pro no longer functional and I just sent a message to their service email. Since I know someone from McBub recently posted a new thread, they should be reading this and yet they never replied to my previous post.

Just for a refresher, order number 1078907, SD card no longer stays in connector and device freezes if the device is flexed at all (which it does a lot since it is somewhat flimsy). I want it replaced because I do like this device, but I need it to remain functional. If not then I'll have to enter a Paypal dispute. Let's see what that wonderful customer service can do for me.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Nothing from Pipo, McBub told me I didn't know how to make the SD card work. Paypal will be my next step and will happen sometime Friday or Saturday. I know I will probably lose with Paypal, they do kind of suck, but maybe I can cause enough problem for McBub to lose the ability to have Paypal payments. No matter what I'm sure the almost $150 should have just been lit on fire. Should have bought an 8GB Lenovo A2107 for $150 locally.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Nothing from Pipo, McBub told me I didn't know how to make the SD card work. Paypal will be my next step and will happen sometime Friday or Saturday. I know I will probably lose with Paypal, they do kind of suck, but maybe I can cause enough problem for McBub to lose the ability to have Paypal payments. No matter what I'm sure the almost $150 should have just been lit on fire. Should have bought an 8GB Lenovo A2107 for $150 locally.

Sorry to hear about that - not that I am surprised. I have made use of other China vendors, like merimobiles and banggood. So far, so good. But will report back if I run into issues when receiving defective products.

Let us know who things work our with Paypal. I noticed some entries where others seem to get there money back from McBub. Good luck!!!!

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
They sent another email saying that if I wait they will get me a new firmware that will magically prevent the chips that are lifting of the pads when it twists or gets squeezed. I'm sure it is a tactic to delay the Paypal claim. And of course they completely overlooked the SD card not staying latched into the socket issue, which of course firmware can not fix. Emails seem to be every two days which means two per week with the time delay.

Haven't filed the claim yet, but I do know where me nearest DHL office is located since no matter what happens, it needs to go back.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
They sent another email saying that if I wait they will get me a new firmware that will magically prevent the chips that are lifting of the pads when it twists or gets squeezed. I'm sure it is a tactic to delay the Paypal claim. And of course they completely overlooked the SD card not staying latched into the socket issue, which of course firmware can not fix. Emails seem to be every two days which means two per week with the time delay.

Haven't filed the claim yet, but I do know where me nearest DHL office is located since no matter what happens, it needs to go back.

They are trying to get you to wait past the 45 days so paypal wont give you your money back, software wont fix your problem. also when you send back the tablet use a tracking number, mcbub will try to get you not to use one, so they can claim you never sent the tablet back to them.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Yup, that what I was thinking and why I wanted to use DHL so it will be tracked in China too, or at least it was tracked in China while it was coming to me.

What started this whole thing is the speakers I had been using that clip on to the edge of a tablet, after using the tablet for a short time it would freeze and require a power button hold to get it to reboot. If the speakers were clipped on the tablet would never complete the boot. Then I found that depending on how I help it it would freeze, and then determined the quickest way to make it freeze is just twist it a little. Don't know what is up with the SD card slot, stupid card no longer stays latched but certainly did for a while.

Pipo has not gotten back to me, so I'll cross them off my list forever. Too bad because this was a nice little tablet while it worked. If I buy another I'll go with something more mainstream.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Your service people are really making me angry, they don't even know your own products.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Your service people are really making me angry, they don't even know your own products.

When we called them,they seemed to be well intended, but hat no clue about tablets and, apparently, had received conflicting information from management how to handle tablet complaints.

I would think sending the tablet back is a waste of money. It was for us.

I am surprised that androidtablets.net continues to list them as a "Supporting Vendor" given all the negative feedback on McBub across the forum. I think they should be removed from that list. It undermines the credibility of this forum and this net.

Or am I wrong?

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Ok, I had it with them!!!

This message is to the manager of McBub. Better read this. Because I am more than unhappy, and I will continue to express my displeasure in the forum and any other listings!

And as a doctor, I will be very outspoken about this to everyone I meet who wants to order from them or trusts the androidtablets.net vendor forum.

From my point of view, your company (that is McBub) is not trustworthy.

If you disagree, you have to convince me otherwise.

I placed an order ... Order #1075772 and received a defective item. Your so called support team had absolutely no knowledge about the tablet we had ordered and send us absolutely wrong and stupid information as to how to fix the problem.

Following their very precise instructions regarding returns (such as ... do not send by courier because it would generate costs for you, etc), we returned the item the slow road, mid January, 2013. Nothing came out of this. Canada Post is telling us, our shipment had arrived in China, tracking number or not.

As far as I can see from all the responses (or lack thereof) I received is that McBub cannot be trusted, and I hold the current McBub service manager responsible for this.

We tried to be nice (oh well, we are Canadians!).

But that's it.

I want the McBub's service manager to contact us - not some "assistants" who have no power nad who repeat "I am o sorry" many times; without any results.

I will continue to express my displeasure, until I received a satisfying answer. Count on it.

Until then, my recommendation is to hold back on any orders with this vendor - McBub.

If there is a positive outcome, I will post it here. But better hold your breath!

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
I had three or four people that were going to buy the same tablet that I bought, think those sales are lost forever. Any future references depend on how things go, I have some other email in my inbox but I haven't wanted to read it because life has been difficult enough lately and I didn't want to explode.