Problems with McBub - Others the Same?

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
The email said to send it back and they would try to fix it, I said I really want a refund because I know it can only be fixed with a new main circuit board. Started a Payapl dispute which gives them another 45 days to figure out if they want to refund me or not. I'll wait a couple more days to see what happens and then stuff everything in a box and send it DHL back to them.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
I now have an email saying I can get a refund, so I'm going to pack it up and send it back this week and see what happens. I bet between shipping and stuff I lose about half my money on this deal.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I now have an email saying I can get a refund, so I'm going to pack it up and send it back this week and see what happens. I bet between shipping and stuff I lose about half my money on this deal.

Hopefully you get your money back, The tablet I bought from them worked great for a month or so, Had I been smart I would have just filed a paypal complaint, but no I tried to work it out with mcbub they stalled until the 45 days where up writing explaining this and that but really just killing time til I went over the 45 days aloud by paypal. Once I hit the 47 day mark mcbub fell off the face of the earth no communications, paypal refused to give me a refund cause I was past the 45 days. months went by then finally mcbub agreed to replace the tablet no refund just replace, in return I pay for shipping and rewrite my complaint on this forum about mcbub basically cheating me which I did as I do always hold up my end of any agreement.

Mcbub did send me a replacement, lol that was a joke in itself, they sent me a knock off of the tablet I bought from them, a refurbished one as well that fell apart in a week. anyway I bought parts from ebay and fixed the crap they sent me, in all I lost money on the deal.

anyway good luck to you.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
What really sucks is I liked the tablet, but I don't think it will be anywhere near durable enough to buy another one.

Lukeb

Apr 6, 2013
I sent a reply to Heinz but just for the rest of you to know it pay's to make a claim with PayPal. I got $100 back which is what I stated as been satisfactory with me keeping the phone too (I can sell it even with the problems at that price quick if I decide to). Mcbub did not reply so after 10 days I automatically won... So thats a win for us!

My advice claim with PayPal before the 45 day limit, Make them pay for DHL postage, Get a refund for the full price not a replacement, State what the item is they will get taxed but its so you have proper insurance if the item goes missing from what I hear it happens a lot... If Mcbub don't agree PayPal may support you anyway and if they don't reply like they didn't with me you automatically win!

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks Lukeb for the update re your experience.

Here is what's happening on my end ... there may be light at the end of the tunnel!?

Following my post of April 4 (and I had also sent this post to McBub in an email), I received two notifications on April 6 advising me that the defective tablet had arrived and asking me what I wanted to do next.

In short .... about 25 email exchanges later and a number of calls to McBub (had to stay up for those (we are EST), but I was really motivated by now - and I love Skype for that!) this is what we settled for. I got a refund on my shipping charges, which were posted into my Paypal account. In turn, I spent another $12 to purchase an upgrade to another tablet, and after some complicated maneuvers (and a row of emails) I have confirmation that another tablet is on its way.

I think - hope ??? - that this is going to work out. And all started with ordering a tablet back in December 2012.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
I've heard nothing about mine. The last thing on USPS is:
Processed Through Sort Facility

April 25, 2013, 6:59 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Registered Mail[SUP]™[/SUP]

This was the best way that USPS could come up with to try and track it since DHL is not allowed for return. Either way I'm still going to be out $43 in shipping and $20 for a screen protector. Should have just filed a Paypal claim before sending it back to see if I could get the refund without spending the shipping.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Heinz, I am the customer service manager of McBub.com, and I am sorry for your bad experience from us. I have just confirmed your problem, and the new item have shipped out to you. I am sorry for the long-time waiting.

I will adopt your advice and try to improve our returning system. Sorry again.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Well, you saw my entry for April 19, McBub posted a response on May 2, by that time I had confirmation the the new item had already been shipped (an upgrade). It has arrived now, it is in the original packaging (not a return item as someone had posted earlier), seems to be working fine.

If all of this could have been handled in 2-4 weeks, I would feel much better.

So Greg, to your question, call via Skype and have a one-to-one conversation, I think you will have a much better chance. I talked to Annie.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
They have finally received my package and I had an email asking if I wanted it fixed or a replacement... Considering that I already had an offer for a refund that is what I checked on their return form, and I do have a Paypal claim filed for a refund. If they want to refund the money and send me another new tablet to cover the return shipping and screen protector that I had to buy, that's up to them. If not I'll have to find another way to get my $63 out of pocket dollars back.

The sad thing is that I liked the tablet, it just doesn't seem durable like any of the name brand tablets and I'm thinking I should find an Acer 100 series.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
They finally picked this up, it is marked as delivered, have to wait and see what happens now.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can McBub please chime in here and clarify everything I am considering them for an order.

I would recommend, Walmart, BestBuy, Newegg, Ebay pretty much any store besides Mcbub.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Last edited:

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
At this point in time, I would say Absolutely DO NOT order from McBub!

Still nothing about my return and refund! Going to make sure this thread rises to the top until I get my refund.