problems with the touchscreen on coby MID7030

aha

May 16, 2013
Hi,
so my first problem with my tablet was that it wasn't charging, so i opened up the device to check on the charging port and then i put my tablet back together, but after that there were problems with the touch, like it wasn't calibrated, and no matter how many times i'd calibrate it, it still wouldn't work. So, i reset it to factory condition, and the first thing that comes up is the calibration, but that never ends because there's problem with the touch. Any suggestions on how i could fix this? Thx!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Double-check the ribbon cable. Not only should it be fully inserted into the connector, the locking arms on either side need to be locked in place. When I fixed my tablet's touchscreen issues the problem occurred again a few weeks afterward. This time around the cable was not locked into the socket and had started sliding out. I re-inserted the cable and made sure the arms locked in (with a snap) and the screen works fine.

aha

May 16, 2013
Double-check the ribbon cable. Not only should it be fully inserted into the connector, the locking arms on either side need to be locked in place. When I fixed my tablet's touchscreen issues the problem occurred again a few weeks afterward. This time around the cable was not locked into the socket and had started sliding out. I re-inserted the cable and made sure the arms locked in (with a snap) and the screen works fine.

It worked! I'm out of the calibration screen however, the touch is messed up! and i'm afraid whenever i do calibration again, the process doesn't end (back to square one). And also, which ribbon cable is it? because i can't find the arms to lock...

But thank you though!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I can only go off my unit, but you should have two ribbon cables. The touchscreen is connected to the motherboard using the larger of the two cables. The smaller cable connects the LCD panel.

The sockets on the motherboard where these cables plug in, if you look carefully, have black tabs on either side of the socket. They are attached to a plastic strip inside the socket. When both are pushed away from the opening towards the back of the socket, the ribbon cable is locked into place and its connectors are pressed against the tiny pins in the socket.

aha

May 16, 2013
Thank you for your help, but there's no use. The calibration isn't aligning, no matter how many times I check on the ribbon cable and make sure its in place. :(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It's possible you have a defective tablet. I'd suggest contacting Coby and having it exchanged for a new one.