Problems with Transformer camera

Discussion in 'Asus TF101/SL101 Forum' started by gteh, Jun 27, 2011.

1. gteh

gteh Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer, Samsung Galaxy S
    Hoping to get some feedback from other Asus transformer owners about the camera.

I love the tablet and am happy with it but there is one major issue. The quality of the camera!!!

All pictures taken with the back camera (5mp) whether video or still pictures, look like pure crap. They are so pixelated/grainy . My old cell phone (not smart phone) from 6 years ago took better pictures than this.

I didn't get it FOR the camera, but it would be nice to have a camera that at least took decent pictures.

Anyone else notice this problem? Are there any optimizations I can do to improve the quality?

2. DJACID

DJACID Member

Tablet / Device:
    Crappy iPad 2
    Taking pictures or videos outside look great but in door not so good,There are some apps in the Market,Was looking at getting the HDR one to lighten the picture once taken

3. gwc17

gwc17 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus EeePad Transformer
    Just recently new 2 weeks to Asus EeePad, but my camera result both front & back are better than I was expecting. ( I use a digital camera every day so understand what is quality.)
    Video's are recording and running very smooth....Being a new Asus the OS was 3.1 so this may have been the improvement ?.

4. TDsoundwave

TDsoundwave Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus transformer
    I just bought the tablet last week and I have to say I am disappointed with the camera quality. It will do the job but lets not kid ourselves. . . anyway, i have a digital camera and no one would seriously use a huge tablet as thier default camera.

5. Fusioncept

Fusioncept Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF101
    I'll agree to the fact that the camera quality is MUCH better outside. It is definitely "meant" for outdoor use.

Sent from my Transformer TF101