Problems With Using HDMI Adapter

Sep 19, 2012
Hi,

I'm a video producer working for a developer creating games for mobile devices. We recently began working with Android and I've been tasked with capturing video of our games running on a Galaxy 10.1 tablet (GT-P7510). We've purchased an HDMI adapter that I thought would make it easy to use my Blackmagic Intensity Pro HDMI capture card to get the video. So far I've not been able to get any video via the HDMI adapter, either through my capture device or even if I just plug the HDMI directly into the monitor. I can't find any information about using this adapter on the Samsung website and little to no info on other tech sites/forums. I have 2 main questions:

1 - How do I know it's outputting anything? It makes a sound when i plug in or un-plug the adapter and but that's the only sign I've been able to find that even aknowledges there is something plugged. Nothing in the device menus seems to even indicate outputting video as a possibility.

2 - Is it possible to adjust the output resolution/frame rate? Without an exact match of resolution and frame rate my capture device will not recognize the signal.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

glussier

Sep 16, 2011
Sorry that nobody replied to your question earlier than this.

You know that, to be working, the hdmi adapter has to be powered? And there is a video available @

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 19, 2012
Sorry that nobody replied to your question earlier than this.

You know that, to be working, the hdmi adapter has to be powered?

Thanks for the reply. We did eventually figure out it needed to be powered. I hadn't been given any documentation on either the tablet or hdmi adapter, the two items were just handed to me without the power adapter so I didn't even think to try using one.

It's been sorted now but thanks anyway.