Professional archos ((Help me please))

Devoo

Mar 15, 2012
I have a device ARCHOS A101it16GB version 2.4.82 and I want to re-install the old version 2.0.71 .. and I want to work for the root device has been used program Z4root & UniversalAndroot & Super OneClick & other programs all of which are required to install the version 2.0.71 ..

Also I want to know how to backup the device.
I hope to find pictures or video to explain because my English is bad.

((I want to work is important for root device))
Help me please

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You can do this by manually backdate updating. There are threads about this. What you need to do is:
1. Find the link on this forum or others for the specific link to get the Firmware. I think if you search on my posts, you will find it as an update link.
2. Download and put it in a easy to find location on PC
3. Connect the 101 to the PC, Mount as Drive
4. Copy the older firmware to the ROOT folder of the 101.
5. Dismount/Disconnect the 101 from PC
6. Power down the 101
7. Power up the 101
It should now install the older firmware.

If this does not work, you will need to do it by re-initializing 101. The steps above are the same EXCEPT these steps at the beginning
1. Power up 101 while pressing the Volume UP toggle button
2. Release the button once it starts to power up
3. It will now enter recovery menu.
4. Choose format and reinstall option.
Once formatted, follow steps at the top

REMEMBER: You will lose all apps and media such as Music/video/personal apps/..... There will also be some incompatibilities. The end result is a basic 2.0.71 FW 101 in the end like it was originally sent

Devoo

Mar 15, 2012
I greatly thank you for the response
But I did not understand some of the points .. Is there a picture or video to explain my language is not English is not good .. I want the work of the root of the device

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Devoo - if you want to Root your Archos 101 tablet, there are better ways than going back to an old firmware to be able to use these tools you have.

You would be stuck in that old version forever - any firmware upgrades would lock you out.

There are TWO good ways to get root in a Gen 8 tablet like the Archos 101:

1. by installing the Archos Developer's Edition, and a few files, you can get temporary or permanent root. Your choice. I tried that and it worked. This method is described and supported by chulri, at this thread on XDA Developers.

2. a bit more complicated, you could install the UrukDroid Firmware, which not only gives you Root, but also a much better working tablet. UrukDroid is released at XDA Developers, in this thread.

Sorry, no videos. Try using Google Translate to help you understand these pages. It works - I have used it to participate in a foreign Forum, where I would not understand more than a couple words in their native language.