PROJECT: Reviving a Hard Bricked Kyros

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@Fbox Thanks once again! I will try to make a new CFW using your system files today and I will post results. ;)

schuman

Mar 14, 2011
Fbox, posta pra gente todas as pastas e arquivos existente na Nand do seu Kyros!! Por Favor!! Com esses últimos arquivos que vc postou pro Ifom, não funcionou ainda o WIFI! Obrigado!!

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@Fbox: no deal yet... I think I will need more help. AFAIK the only stuff missing in order to get a perfect copy of your firmware is a "modules" folder found in the root folder and the kernel (zImage from firwware installing files. You should be able to extract the kernel using a dd command as root. I will take a look into it soon and give you directions ASAP. Thanks once more!

Fbox

Oct 17, 2011
@Fbox: no deal yet... I think I will need more help. AFAIK the only stuff missing in order to get a perfect copy of your firmware is a "modules" folder found in the root folder and the kernel (zImage from firwware installing files. You should be able to extract the kernel using a dd command as root. I will take a look into it soon and give you directions ASAP. Thanks once more!

Ok... just show me exactly how to extract the kernel...

Sent from my MID1024 using Android Tablet Forum

schuman

Mar 14, 2011
Mto obrigado Fbox, vc tem ajudado mto! Vou fazer testes agora, estou aguardando o Ifom tbm, pois ele tem mais experiencia do q eu no assunto!

schuman

Mar 14, 2011
Consegui Fbox!! Kyros 1024 com a placa MID 1025_V4 funcionando perfeitamente agora!! Obrigado por sua grande ajuda, pois sem vc não teria conseguido!! Obrigado tbm ao Ifom que foi o promissor disso tudo!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Ok... just show me exactly how to extract the kernel...

Sent from my MID1024 using Android Tablet Forum

OK, let's do it... Open Terminal Emulator or use "adb shell" in your computer while connected to the tablet in Debug mode via USB, then use this commands:

Code:
su <--- Authorize Superuser
cat /proc/mtd
cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/kernel.img

After the second command, you should see some lines of text and one should look like this:
Code:
mtd2: 00600000 00020000 "kernel"

This means mtd2 should contain kernel code. A file called "kernel.img" should be available in your /sdcard partition. Please host the file online so I can download a create a recovery firmware for 1025_v4. After it gets tested and approved (lcd, digitizer, camera and wifi works), I will post a thread with instructions and a download link. Thanks once more!

Reference: http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack,_Edit,_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images

Last edited:

Fbox

Oct 17, 2011
Hi lfom!
When I entered the third line I got an error sayng:

"cat: can´t open '/proc/mtd/mtd2' : Not a directory "

And the a 0 byte file named kernel.img is created. There´s something wrong?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No, it was my fault. Sorry! I fixed the code, please try again.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Now it´s ok...

Hopefully, WiFi will work now. I posted a CFW for testing with some improvements about stock, like root and Market enabled. If everything works fine, I will post it here. Thanks again!