pros and cons when buying a chinese tablet with full android market

jodeg

Jun 11, 2012
Sure! His i.d. is campus111 -- here's a link to the auction where I bought mine:
8GB Allwinner A13 Google Android 4.0 Tablet PC 512MB Capacitive Screen WIFI 3G | eBay

It ships from Ohio, Priority Mail. He's very good about answering any questions you might have too. I've never had a tablet before, so I can't compare it to any others, but at that price, I figured it was worth taking a chance, plus there's a 60 day money back guarantee.

Hope this helps!
Jo Anne

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
To me is not so much as that I don't trust Chinese tablets, I it's more like I don't like to buy anything if I don't see it first and try it. And those Chinese tablets are sold only online, you have to decide if you like it or not on paper :-( So first I check the stores and if I like one but I don't like the store price,I look for it on e,bay,used or refurbished....never had any problem.

Samsung Galaxy Note

raju201239

Mar 23, 2012
No doubt China has mass production for all kind Electronic devices. I will say most of reputed companies are doing production there. So quality is same & notable until you buy a cheaper chinese device. Selecting something branded will surely help you as discussed above in thread.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
And those Chinese tablets are sold only online, you have to decide if you like it or not on paper :-(

My Chinese tablet (you know when it comes with the Pinyin stuff pre-installed :) is sold at Fry's Electronics (a major retailer here). The manufacturer also has an office in Los Angeles.

wonderscout

May 30, 2012
One thing to be concerned about is that the Google Market/Play attempts to identify the type of android device you have (mostly based on OS version number) and the capabilities (gps, camera, processor speed, memory, etc. - and carrier for cellular capable units) that your tablet/phone identifies itself having and only shows you the list of compatible apps. So while you may have the actual market, that does not mean that you will have access to everything in the market.

My freebird tablet (from China) has the android market, and lists most, but not all the applications I was looking for, even when I do a specific search for the application name that I know is there from my other devices, it may not find it. Even then, about 10% of what we could download would not run and/or install (for a variety of reasons, internal storage being the biggest problem), and about 20% of what I could find when I searched could not be found when I tried to open the market page for that app - again even for products I have, from the market, on a different device.