PROSCAN tablet security???

hipster

Mar 10, 2013
I just purchased a PROSCAN tabet.....I called my internet security department and asked them should I download Kaspersky internet security, they said they don't support an androide and that there really isn't a security program for androides and that "attacks" on androides is not common like a desk top or lap top (I have Kaspersky through my internet provider for both desk and lap computers. Yet, when I went to Kaspersky's website they list a security program for androides for $9.99 a year. With all this being said, do I need to download a security program for my androide ( I will be surfing the net) and what security program are people using with their androide's. Hope this makes sense as I am a newbie on a tablet. Thanks for any assistance....*Hipster*

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum hipster. In my opinion you do need a security program of some kind. It might not be a bad idea to go head and get the Kaspersky. Android is suffering from more and more malware, it's not so much a security issue as it is keeping nasty stuff out of your system. If you use the Kaspersky at least you would be getting some support and since you're using a corporate environment your IT department would probably appreciate that as well.

hipster

Mar 10, 2013
okay....my internet provider does use kaspersky for my desk top and lap top, they told they can't support my tablet through them. So you think downloading kaspersky from my android is a good idea.....me too. I didn't really feel right when they said android tablets don't get invaded! Thank you. Had the androide for 4 hours and still a newbie at it.....lol Thanks much Hipster

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Hipster, if you do a forum search for "malware" you'll find lots of articles on this forum regarding Android virus and malware problems. Use the search box located on any forum page in the upper right corner just below "Settings" and "Log Out".