Protective case for A500 now available!

BigKev

Apr 30, 2011
Got my case today as well. Ditto what other folks have said. Very thin and cheap. I don't see it holding up very well, and the Velcro "dot" probably has a lifetime of a few days before it might end up falling off. Better than nothing until the aftermarket steps up and makes something worthy of this tablet. On a side note my ViewSonic V-Tab 7 came with a nice thick leather(ish) case out of the box. I was really hoping this would be similar. This case is more of a "dust cover" than a protective case in anyway. If you haven't bought this case yet, then I suggest waiting for something better to come down the pipe.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Amazon has the following: Case Logic PLS-9 Ultraportable Netbook Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks and right now it's around $12.00. Take a look.

Ken

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It's really a very functional case, not much in the looks dept., light, and will easily protect the unit from scratches. My concern is for its durability, as I fold my cover back. Definitely overpriced, for what it is.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Kerad

May 3, 2011
I just picked one up during lunch a couple hours ago. I originally was going to get a generic sleeve for it until I saw this online. Like the fact that it's a true custom case, with port/button access, etc. Also like how the cover flips to a stand, and how I don't have to take the tablet out of the case when I'm at work, unlike a generic sleeve.

It is expensive for what it is, but overall I'm okay with it. I guess I wasn't expecting much. I'm going to be a little paranoid about the velcro not aligning perfectly and rubbing the screen, but I'm a newbie to the tablet and don't know if that should be a concern. Probably won't be the most durable thing ever, but we'll see.

Jento

May 2, 2011
I just picked one up during lunch a couple hours ago. I originally was going to get a generic sleeve for it until I saw this online. Like the fact that it's a true custom case, with port/button access, etc. Also like how the cover flips to a stand, and how I don't have to take the tablet out of the case when I'm at work, unlike a generic sleeve.

It is expensive for what it is, but overall I'm okay with it. I guess I wasn't expecting much. I'm going to be a little paranoid about the velcro not aligning perfectly and rubbing the screen, but I'm a newbie to the tablet and don't know if that should be a concern. Probably won't be the most durable thing ever, but we'll see.

I agree with you, I just picked mine up from Staples (where I had it shipped) and I don't think it is as bad as everyone is saying.

Is it worth the $40, no I don't think so. But it is a decent enough form fitting case and I like how lightweight the material is.

My only problem with it is the velcro dot.. For this price, it should be magnetized or something...

pdog1978

May 1, 2011
Mine was at my front door when i got home today and i must say, its not even half as bad as some made it seem.. My only concern is like others the velcro and im not sure about the hardness of the edges.. im sure over time it will soften up.. I really dont think this is a bad deal.... Apple would sell the same thing for 60 bucks...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
The smell will go away. Most rubbers have a smell at first until they hit the air. I thought about taking mine back to Staples and ordering that one, but for $10 shipping we're almost back to the retail price (thought $10 is $10...) Hmmm...

Jento

May 2, 2011
The smell will go away. Most rubbers have a smell at first until they hit the air. I thought about taking mine back to Staples and ordering that one, but for $10 shipping we're almost back to the retail price (thought $10 is $10...) Hmmm...

If you have it shipped to the store, it should be free shipping. That is what I did.

wmunn

Apr 25, 2011
If you ordered it from staples they will price match it to the shipped price from acer. I just got $10.85 credit.

Cen5

After you received the staples order, and found the lower acer store price, they price matched retroactively and refunded the $10.85?

Jento

May 2, 2011
Thanks for the info. Just called and they said to come in with my receipt for the price match.

So, from Staples, I paid basically $43 for the case.

And if I fill out all the info to see how much it would cost to ship from Acer, and it is cheaper, staples will give me a credit for the difference?

UPDATE:

I just called my Staples and they told me they do not match other '.coms' They only match brick and mortar stores or staples.com...

But I am going to just return the case and order it off of Acer's website.

Last edited: