Protective case for A500 now available!

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
I couldn't get a good shot with my phone for a photo.

My main complaint is the added weight. And the screen-side frame is thick enough that your thumb touches the case when you go for the back button... but its solid and its nice to protect the tablet. Im undecided if I wanna keep it on though... was easier to use the tablet without it. Anyone else having a similar experience?

Jento

May 2, 2011
I couldn't get a good shot with my phone for a photo.

My main complaint is the added weight. And the screen-side frame is thick enough that your thumb touches the case when you go for the back button... but its solid and its nice to protect the tablet. Im undecided if I wanna keep it on though... was easier to use the tablet without it. Anyone else having a similar experience?

I don't think the case adds that much weight.. I cant really tell a difference. I havent found it easier or harder to use while the case is on. I like the protection it offers though. So I will keep it on.

The only problem I have (which is purely knit-picking) but when holding it in landscape mode (with volume on top) it tends to slip a tiny bit down and it will not have the front facing camera centered in the hole anymore( it just slides down a little to the bottom of the whole still functional though). With this tiny bit of slippage, it DOES NOT affect any of the ports on the device, just offsets the front facing camera.

Other than that, I have grown very fond of this case and I am ultimately happy with my purchase.

rkka93

May 5, 2011
Are we sure the one from Acer is the same as from Staples? Just seems odd to have such a price difference.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
If you ordered it from staples they will price match it to the shipped price from acer. I just got $10.85 credit.

Cen5

YOU, sir, are my hero! I got the price match from Staples, which was great. I didn't want to take it back just to wait on one from Acer (but I was sure tempted to do just that!) ;)
Now I think the case is well worth the money. $40 was pushing it.

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
Yeah they are both LC.BAG0A.011

Jento, thanks for pointing out the Item code. I went to both sites to double check, not that I didn't believe you. So, I ordered one from acer store and will try to post a photo when it arrives.

This forum is very helpful across the board. Been following it for less than 2 weeks, and am learning so much new info.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Can someone's post pictures of their tablet in the case.
IMG_9799.jpg
IMG_9800.jpg
IMG_9801.jpg
IMG_9802.jpg
IMG_9803.jpg

Not the best, but...

pentool

May 1, 2011
Thanks for the photos! Looks as if it's made from some sort of rubbery material...?

me2010

May 5, 2011
Raven312 thanx for the pics mate, looks like im gonna wait till something comes up slicker than that, will keep mine in my targus netbook cover for now.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It is a rubber coated paper stock or light plastic, is my guess.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum