Protective case for A500 now available!

sigsauer33

Apr 27, 2011
I have found a slight issue with the case. If you are like me and transfer files to your external SD card you will find that the case does not provide access to the external SD card without having to remove the tablet from the case. Which if you have tried this it can be a royal pain since the case really holds the tablet in there. I have been reading around the forums and it is still a issue with seeing the SD card while the tablet is connected to the PC. So now i have to debate on cutting the case, or waiting until an update to fix the issue which there is no telling when that may happen.

Please chime in if i am missing something here, but this is a real pain for me. but i still like the case for the time being.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
You're right, sig. I have resorted to using my thumbdrive more, for that reason. There may be a fix coming but we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

rkka93

May 5, 2011
Do you know if they price match if you order online from Staples and ship it to a store? None of the Staples stores have the case in stock.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Do you know if they price match if you order online from Staples and ship it to a store? None of the Staples stores have the case in stock.

That's what I did, so yes - they do. After you get it, call their customer service number, press option 2, when you get someone ask them about price matching. You'll probably have to show them how to get to Acer's page.

Jento

May 2, 2011
That's what I did, so yes - they do. After you get it, call their customer service number, press option 2, when you get someone ask them about price matching. You'll probably have to show them how to get to Acer's page.

Make sure you call their 1-800-staples, and not your local store... I called the local store and they said they couldn't do anything but then I called the national customer service number and they were able to help with no problem.

N0ISV

May 5, 2011
Check out PDair web site. The leather case 's they make are TOP NOTCH. None of this cheap plastic or fake leather. I have several of their cases in use now... one for my HTC Shift, one for my Fujitsu UH900, and one on order for my wife's Acer Iconia Tab A500.
They do cost alot more than the Acer or Staples line up. Free world wide shipping.

PDair Cell Phone Case, Cell Phone Leather Case, Cell Phone Accessories

Wayne :cool:

$3BACTABX1_1.jpg$3BACTABX1_4.jpg$3BACTABX1_6.jpg$3BACTABX2_1.200x200.jpg$3BACTABX2_7.jpg
pencil.png

GadjetGirl59

Jan 22, 2011
how do you get them to give you a credit? I ordered my case from Staples, and I find it very functional except for no slot for the SD card.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Just checking around on the internet and found that the HP Mini is 10.55 by 7.5 inches. I wonder if all the different cases for that little guy could work for the A500.

I have to go check it out later today.

Ken:)

showson1

Jan 17, 2011
Oh man.. I got that Acer case and it is SOOO bad!
Save yourself some money and get some cardboard, tape and some weak velcro.. slap everything together and misalign it and you'll have the same thing as the Acer case.

I really is that bad.

I got a neoprene netbook case for $15 that works great with the tablet.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Just checking around on the internet and found that the HP Mini is 10.55 by 7.5 inches. I wonder if all the different cases for that little guy could work for the A500.

I have to go check it out later today.

Ken:)

Hi Ken,

Some one else posted that it worked pertty well, I am getting one tomorrow and I will post my impressions about it.

I like the look and feel of the unit with out any protective case. Although it certainly is thicker than the iPad 2 because of its contours it doesn't SEEM to be all that thicker. However, I would think with the protective case on it would then certainly look way thicker than the iPad 2. Also, I don't find it all that slippery so I prefer to use it just the way it is.

But for transport you definitely need to put it into something. The HP mini case is about $27 at BB, but I found a vendor on eBay that had them for $7 + $5 shipping = $12! Its supposed to be the exact same model as at BB and brand new. We shall see what we shall see!!

Gerry

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
just wanted to let the fine folks over here know that if you were looking for a deal on that protective case from acer's webstore... its now 39.99 just like at staples.

Acer - Accessory Store: Accessory Details

my card has already been charged the amount due so i'm hoping mine ships out or is already on its way.

I'm guessing that Staples gave them grief over having to price match while they had exclusive distribution. If Acer is still charging $10, that makes Staples the better deal. Unfortunately, all of their prices went up to MSRP. Should have bought that dock while I was thinking about it.

Last edited:

urdaddi

May 6, 2011
Wow...all of the items from the Acer store had the prices increases from last week. I ordered 3 items from them last Thursday. I have received my order confirmation with the old prices, but my order is showing as backordered. I am glad that I got my order in right before they jacked up the prices.

davide

May 12, 2011
I saw this case yesterday at Staples and to be honest it looks and feels a little flimsey. At 40USD it can't say its a good value.