Proxy Authentication

Hadrian1x

Jul 29, 2011
Hi there community,
I've just bought myself a Toshiba AT100. I am reasonably knowledgeable about computers and associated technologies but I'm new to Android. So here's the problem I'm trying to solve: I want to establish connection with my employer's proxy server. I've downloaded and configured Anycut and know that the tablet and the server can "sense" each other but I keep getting the message "Authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful". The Android browsers do not have a preference option to set up the proxy settings and there seems to be no protocol to log in with a password in the Anycut settings. Has anyone solved this problem? Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there an app which can handle this? Or do I wait until the developers come up with an update to 3.1 that handles the problem?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to show my Mac addicted workmates that their Ipads are not the only act around.

Arwen

Jan 5, 2012
Hi there community,
I've just bought myself a Toshiba AT100. I am reasonably knowledgeable about computers and associated technologies but I'm new to Android. So here's the problem I'm trying to solve: I want to establish connection with my employer's proxy server. I've downloaded and configured Anycut and know that the tablet and the server can "sense" each other but I keep getting the message "Authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful". The Android browsers do not have a preference option to set up the proxy settings and there seems to be no protocol to log in with a password in the Anycut settings. Has anyone solved this problem? Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there an app which can handle this? Or do I wait until the developers come up with an update to 3.1 that handles the problem?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to show my Mac addicted workmates that their Ipads are not the only act around.

Wondering if you ever got this resolved. I have an HTC Flyer and did an OTA update last night to Honeycomb and all appeared to go fine. However, I am not able to access the Internet or any app that uses it, such as the Market. I get my e-mail, so I am obviously connecting to the Wi-Fi signal at home and work, but when trying to go to the 'Net I get the above message. Trying to find the proxy settings as well.... :-(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Wondering if you ever got this resolved. I have an HTC Flyer and did an OTA update last night to Honeycomb and all appeared to go fine. However, I am not able to access the Internet or any app that uses it, such as the Market. I get my e-mail, so I am obviously connecting to the Wi-Fi signal at home and work, but when trying to go to the 'Net I get the above message. Trying to find the proxy settings as well.... :-(

Welcome to the forum!

Have you by chance used PDAnet to tether to a phone?