PTAB8000 Polaroid Tablet Problem

Cmanaloto

Jan 2, 2013
I recently had an error message stating " unfortunately the process Android.process.media has stopped working". To fix this I did a system reboot and now the internal SD storage isn't recognized when I try to download anything. Thus i'm not able top make downloads even though the internal storage has plenty of space, Also when I connect my tablet to my desktop pc and I press the button to activate the mass internal storage it keeps trying to load but never gets there. I'm running Android 4.0.3 and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Am I the only person having this issue?

frustrated,

Carl...

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Carl

Go to settings - apps - all (or running) and find that process. Tap it and tell it to clear the cache, (and data if available) then force stop and restart your tab again.

Cmanaloto

Jan 2, 2013
I tried that and I still can't download anything. I keep getting the error message " No SD card". I recently noticed in my settings > storage - the internal SD card (2GB) isn't mounted. everytime I press the mount SD card button at the bottom of the screen for a split second it says " preparing SD card" and then goes away. is there something else I need to do to mount the internal SD card?

Last edited:

daisyjo

Jan 5, 2013
I tried that and I still can't download anything. I keep getting the error message " No SD card". I recently noticed in my settings > storage - the internal SD card (2GB) isn't mounted. everytime I press the mount SD card button at the bottom of the screen for a split second it says " preparing SD card" and then goes away. is there something else I need to do to mount the internal SD card?

I am having exactly the same problem. When I first started the tablet up i was able to download the app stores and even apps. Then I started receiving an error message something about = android media process stopped working. I popped up over and over and was really annoying so i used reset/backup. Now when i try to download app store it says i need a sd card. (Never needed it before) I purchased a card but is does not seem to mount. HELP!!

jazzyjeff

Jan 23, 2013
Mine is doing the same thing. I can still use the default apps, but cannot access the internal SD card. I can acess the external sd card then I connect via usb to my laptop, but not the internal sd. I can also transfer files to the external sd via usb, but they do not show up in the "my files" menu on the tablet. Is this thing fried or what?

Hockeynutt10

Feb 10, 2013
I downloaded this zip file but did not find any pdf w/ instructions, can you tell me what file this is contained in? I bought this for my mother in law for Christmas and I am not sure when this started but I can tell you if she cant get into her Price is Right slots game it is going to be my head! I also tried the factory reset of holding down the volume - and power button but that didn't seem to reset anything.

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
I downloaded this zip file but did not find any pdf w/ instructions, can you tell me what file this is contained in? I bought this for my mother in law for Christmas and I am not sure when this started but I can tell you if she cant get into her Price is Right slots game it is going to be my head! I also tried the factory reset of holding down the volume - and power button but that didn't seem to reset anything.

Inside the zip is another folder containing 3 files and another zipped folder, put the files and zip on the root of a FORMATTED, clean sd card with nothing on it. Pop it in the tablet with it turned off, hold the power button and minus volume button until it turns on and you see green text that says"Upgrade step 2, do not power off." Make sure you have at least 60% battery and the tablet is plugged in.

Sent from my rooted Motorola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

oobynlulla

Feb 10, 2013
Hello all,

This is a very common problem with this tablet, although from expierience installing this firmware:
http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware/ptab8000/PTAB8000_Firmware_SD_OTAv2.zip
fixes the problem. Download the zip, a pdf with instructions is inside. Although an external sd card with at least 140mb is required.

Hope this fixes the problem!
AndroidPizza

Sent from my PTAB8000 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I am getting the same sd card error so I went out and bought an sd card but nothing will download. I tried to download the firmware but again I am getting so sd card. Please help!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Not 100% certain I'm understanding. The card should be formatted FAT32. Formatting on a PC would be best along with using the PC to download the firmware.

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
Not 100% certain I'm understanding. The card should be formatted FAT32. Formatting on a PC would be best along with using the PC to download the firmware.

When this problem happens the card can't even be accessed. And yes, a PC is necessary.

Sent from my rooted Motrola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
2 suggestions. Get ES File Explorer as it makes accessing external cards pretty obvious compared to some other file managers. Also,in settings - storage, is there no option to mount the drive?

There have been issues with some SD cards being knockoffs and as a result Android has had problems seeing them correctly. If it was a major brand from a reliable source it may be OK.

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
2 suggestions. Get ES File Explorer as it makes accessing external cards pretty obvious compared to some other file managers. Also,in settings - storage, is there no option to mount the drive?

There have been issues with some SD cards being knockoffs and as a result Android has had problems seeing them correctly. If it was a major brand from a reliable source it may be OK.

This is a problem regarding the "internal" sd card, aka internal storage, not the external sd. I said to put a v2 rom from Polaroid on an external sd card and to flash it to fix the problem.

Sent from my rooted Motorola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
I am getting the same sd card error so I went out and bought an sd card but nothing will download. I tried to download the firmware but again I am getting so sd card. Please help!
I am not sure what problems you are experiencing, please be more specific. Are you trying to put the firmware on the sd card through the tablet? That won't work, you'll need an sd card reader. (You can get one cheap at Walmart.) Here's a little troubleshooting checklist.
-Firmware must be downloaded on a computer, not the tablet
-Firmware must be taken out of it's zipped folder after downloaded and put in the main directory of the sd card
-The sd card can't be accessed through the tablet, but by an sd card reader or something else that will read a micro sd card.