Ptab8000

Jan 20, 2013
I brought my son a polaroid tablet for Christmas. We've had problems with the Amazon store the whole time. We had to keep deleting it and re-installing. One day we got a message that " An SD card is required to download Amazon_Appstore-release.apk." It never needed an SD card before and there is still plenty of room on the tablet that it shouldn't need an SD card. I have tried going to setting and deleting cache and force stopping and restarting but that isn't working. The tablet is useless now because it won't download any games which is the only reason my son wanted it to begin with :mad:

D

Dawnstar

I brought my son a polaroid tablet for Christmas. We've had problems with the Amazon store the whole time. We had to keep deleting it and re-installing. One day we got a message that " An SD card is required to download Amazon_Appstore-release.apk." It never needed an SD card before and there is still plenty of room on the tablet that it shouldn't need an SD card. I have tried going to setting and deleting cache and force stopping and restarting but that isn't working. The tablet is useless now because it won't download any games which is the only reason my son wanted it to begin with :mad:

Hello

Sorry to hear about your problem it can be very frustrating with a tablet, you could try email Amazon with your problem or send it back!, the best APP's are google play it's easy to download all you need to do is register with them,

If you don't have enough flash ram it might be asking you for a SD card

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
Hi,

This is a very common problem with this tablet, although from expierience installing this firmware:
http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware/ptab8000/PTAB8000_Firmware_SD_OTAv2.zip
fixes the problem. Download the zip, a pdf with instructions is inside. Although an external sd card with at least 140mb is required.

As for Amazon, it's nothing to do with it. And as for what the other guy said about Google Play, you can't get it without rooting (hacking) this particular tablet.

Hope this fixes your problem, it did for me!
AndroidPizza

Sent from my PTAB8000 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shawnmg

Apr 30, 2013
Hi,

This is a very common problem with this tablet, although from expierience installing this firmware:
http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware/ptab8000/PTAB8000_Firmware_SD_OTAv2.zip
fixes the problem. Download the zip, a pdf with instructions is inside. Although an external sd card with at least 140mb is required.

As for Amazon, it's nothing to do with it. And as for what the other guy said about Google Play, you can't get it without rooting (hacking) this particular tablet.

Hope this fixes your problem, it did for me!
AndroidPizza

Sent from my PTAB8000 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I have had this problem also and have performed the firmware update which fixes the problem only for a few weeks to a month. Anything else to do? It is very frustrating having to reinstall all the apps every few weeks. Thanks.

AndroidPizza

Jan 24, 2013
I have had this problem also and have performed the firmware update which fixes the problem only for a few weeks to a month. Anything else to do? It is very frustrating having to reinstall all the apps every few weeks. Thanks.

No.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID1000D using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2