public wifi problems

sleezy

Mar 21, 2013
yeah i bought an acer a500 tablet to take with me outa town for work and i use the wifi at the hotels..my tablet connects fine to my wifi at home and other peoples wifi but it seems that at the hotels it connects but when i bring up a page it redirects for the password(as most hotels do) and nothing will come up..it only does it when its a connection that redirects for a password..considering i bought it for outa town it seems like its gonna be a waste if i cant connect at the hotels..hope you can help

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I have seen other users with that problem. A change in browsers frequently helps. Try Firefox

james871

Mar 27, 2013
Some wifi has password protection so avoid public access. You may ask hotel for the user name and password so that you can access it.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
yeah i bought an acer a500 tablet to take with me outa town for work and i use the wifi at the hotels..my tablet connects fine to my wifi at home and other peoples wifi but it seems that at the hotels it connects but when i bring up a page it redirects for the password(as most hotels do) and nothing will come up..it only does it when its a connection that redirects for a password..considering i bought it for outa town it seems like its gonna be a waste if i cant connect at the hotels..hope you can help

The issue is with the hotel system- not with your tablet. You require a password if you want to use the hotel's wifi - as simple as that.You'll have to speak to hotel management if you want to use their wifi. The only other option is to tether the tablet to your cell phone.

mxWanderer

Apr 12, 2013
Some wifi has password protection so avoid public access. You may ask hotel for the user name and password so that you can access it.
most provably.. here in the carl's is the same, i have to buy something and in the note is the password.

ask for the pass and maybe ur lucky and they give it to u