Pulling Stock Battery Out (External Pack)--- Improve performance from HEAT

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
It's my belief that if there existed a way to remove the sealed in LiOn stock battery and reseal with no battery. And engineer an external LiOn pack thru charge port. Maybe mounted onto a makeshift frame around the tablet.
My belief is that maybe the reduction in HEAT from inside the unit would help the machine run much better .
Anyone else subsribe to this belief? Or is it nonsense?
Dave

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
It is possible to remove the battery and replace it. I've done it on one of my tablets. You wouldn't need to remove the internal battery to use an external battery. Hook up an external 9 V battery using the correct polarity to a suitable power plug and you are good to go. Chuck

lorenii

May 2, 2011
It's my belief that if there existed a way to remove the sealed in LiOn stock battery and reseal with no battery. And engineer an external LiOn pack thru charge port. Maybe mounted onto a makeshift frame around the tablet.
My belief is that maybe the reduction in HEAT from inside the unit would help the machine run much better .
Anyone else subsribe to this belief? Or is it nonsense?
Dave

If you are talking about a 7" tablet, take out the 4 screws and drill some "vent holes" behind the battery. If you are talking about the 10" tablet, good luck. The screens are GLUED in place and that is the ONLY access to the "guts". I am pretty sure they run a SD microdrive and I wanted to change out the 2G for a 6G, but ran into that road block.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
It is possible to remove the battery and replace it. I've done it on one of my tablets. You wouldn't need to remove the internal battery to use an external battery. Hook up an external 9 V battery using the correct polarity to a suitable power plug and you are good to go. Chuck

ONLY on a 10" tab. 9v will kill a 7".