Purchasing tablets direct from China

Vax

Nov 8, 2010
Is there any advantage to purchasing directly from China? I'm pretty comfortable hacking away at Android and even some hardware hacks if necessary. I'm not terribly concerned with support since I'll be trying to flash and hack roms.

The main thing I'm interested in is purchasing the tablets for as little as possible.

Thoughts?

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
There are many places to buy tablets online. The tablet you are looking for depends on what you mostly want to hack on it. Do you plan to make custom roms from the original rom? What android version do you want to have? Most of the time the android version that comes with the tablet is the one it will be stuck with. you can only expect custom rums derived from that one made by the community. Shanzai tablets are rather cheap. you can get a decent tablet for under 200$.

Vax

Nov 8, 2010
Sorry, I meant physically purchasing them in China, not online.

I have several coworkers that travel to China relatively frequently. From a cost standpoint, would it be less expensive to purchase them in person?

pudentaine

Dec 9, 2010
I jsut bought a chinese tablet from gogoorders.com for $82.00 but you can get lots of 5 or less cheaper at **************, ********** and MadeInChina.com. I haven't recievd mine yet and thats funny since the only reason I bought this one at gogoorder.com was to get express shipping. Ordered other items from China on same day and already have them (economy free shipping) the 3 I gave you should have sellers that sell by 1 piece only and look for free shipping if you dont mind waiting a couple of weeks. The parent websites keep your paypal money in escrow until your happy and have great resolution systems. Bought a phone last month (couple of weeks ago) just to check it out and it came with a cracked screen. I sent it back for $12.00 USPS and will recive my money when the seller receives the phone.

raysaur

Nov 30, 2010
if your in china you might as well buy it, atleast you can tell if it works.i bought online from nowsupplier.and it was a good price even with shipping but it didnt work so i sent it back and that was another shipping charge and i told them i want my money back.i havent got that yet .so we will see.i wont do that again.it will have to be here at some store in the USA or i wont buy it

chaos123

Feb 2, 2012
Actually, i'm thinking order one from China too, cuz i have visited Hong Kong during Christmas holiday. My friends and i hang out all day long and we have found some nice tablet expect Ipad. This is the first time i know that Sony is a Hong Kong brand..And it is the first time i found the price of Sony S1 is cheaper than its in NY. So i just think to buy one from Hong Kong, but i don't know if this webiste is reliable? Please help me!!
http://www.smalltao.com/product/13331763981/Sony%20S1%2016GB%209%20%20Android%2030%20Tablet%20PC