Putting movies on the Tab?

AirMech74

Feb 18, 2011
One of the main reasons I wanted a Tablet, was to put movies on them. I sometimes travel for work, and thought it would be easier to take a Tab rather than a laptop. I am wanting to put movies on it, but am curious what programs and settings some of you are using. I've converted a few files over to mp4 put they do not fill the screen. Can anybody help me out?

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I was going to refer you back to a great thread on androidcentral but then realized that you started that thread - lol! Anyway, I am still experimenting, but am currently encoding to mp4 h.264 profile with a resolution of 480x320 and a bit rate of about 600 kbs with AAC audio at 128 kbs using the Arc Media encoder built into my HP Home Server. The other key to movie watching is using the right video player - my favorite right now is vitalplayer - it allows you to resize your vid to full screen during playback and the playback is pretty smooth. Also playing around with some other encoders from TMPGenc and Movavi.

djjinx1

Dec 3, 2010
I use Vplayer from market :)
VLC Player for Android is in Beta stages so should be out soon...

villian1998

Aug 25, 2010
What programs are people using to rip movies? I'm thinking of getting a GTab to become a media player for me.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I use a combination of AnyDVD and Fair Use Wizard 2 to first rip the main .ISO file to my home server and then to convert the main content into compressed portable files.

When I'm finished I have two versions; One for home use and one for portable devices.

phantomwcs

Apr 7, 2011
I use DVD Shrink to rip, and then compress & convert with Quick Media Converter. Only taken one all the way through but it looks fine on the tab.

TuleenDonai

Apr 17, 2011
I've been using HandBrake on my MacBook Pro for years to rip movies. I have an iPod 5G that I used to watch movies on B4 I got this Galaxy Tab. Good news is that all of the movies that I've ripped work on the Tab!

I prefer DoubleTwist to view the movies. It maintains the correct aspect ratio. I hate inaccurate stretching.

WERA689

Dec 28, 2009
Today I used DVDCatalyst Beta to rip a couple of BluRay's to my GTab. It was simple to use, and nearly flawless in its' quality. I think I'll tweak some of the properties to smooth out some rapid scene transitions, but overall I'm VERY pleased with this program. The GTab is one of the many devices it is pre-programmed for resolutions to rip to. The list is pretty complete!