[Qestion] Logging to open WiFi network which obtain login and pass via browser.

sugfawlo

Jun 11, 2011
Hello Android Users

Currently I'm in Italy and I'm living in dormitory. I've very annoying issue with my Asus Transformer which details I'm writing you bellow:

Administration of the building provides open Wifi network, which obtain login using web browser. My android device don't have any problems with finding network and connecting with it, but when I'm trying to open my browser and use login and password provided I can't finish login process. By this I mean that after clicking Enter button, I receive blank page. Sometimes I receive information that my device is not allowed to connect by the administrator.

On my Windows 7 PC I've to use two browsers: one to login, another to browse the internet. Some my friends which use 64bit Win, have the same issue.

To overcome this problem I'm using Connectify, problem with this solution is that my Wifi, card is disconnecting more often than without establishing virtual access point.

Could you help me with this. I don't know how to check what kind of encryption they are using.

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
What browser, have you tried Dolphin HD? I have similar problems with some points and someone in another forum suggested this, I hope to try it this weekend.

Pete