Qik Video and Google+ Hangouts Video?

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
I am using a MID7042 with Steevs cfw rom and despite installing various apks for qik and also using the A10 Mod program to change the fingerprint I am unable to get it to work. I did find the latest apk for Google+ but havent had a chance to test it with someone and have sinced reflashed the rom to start fresh. Oovoo and tango dont cut it, It would be nice to use the video call app that all the nontechy laymens use. Any input on this matter would be apperciated

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
So I want to apktops and downloaded the latest version of google+, the app that they provide in play is ancient compared to the newest app. I was able to join a video hangout but while i could see the party they could not see me, but my cam is found and it displays what the camera sees in the hangout. Has anyone gotten video hangouts to work on the coby 7042. Anybody?

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Even though it seems nobody in the entire world cares about being able use their 3rd gen for video calls, Using the google+ apk i got from apktops I was able to join a hangout and they did get images from my 7042 but it would be a few at a time and then the frame would freeze. At this point I do not know if this is problem with the specifc version I installed or an issue with the os, I never seem to get breakneck speed on it for some reason. I will continue trying to get reliable video chat to work, any input would be apreciated.