Question about changing memory cards

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
Hi. Since I got my MID 7127 about 3 weeks ago, I've had an 8GB card in it. I just ordered a 32GB from Amazon and should see it next week. I want to transfer everything to the bigger card and put it in my tablet. The media files won't be a problem, but I'm wondering about the apps and system files that are on the 8GB. Can I just directly move everything from one card to the other via my PC, or will there be special things I'll need to do to make this work?

Thanks.

-- Bob

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If you are replacing the external microSD, the one you insert on your tablet, it's as simple as copying files from one disk to another using your computer.

If you plan to replace the internal storage, I'm afraid it's not possible on 7127 as it doesn't use a microSD internally.

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
If you plan to replace the internal storage, I'm afraid it's not possible on 7127 as it doesn't use a microSD internally.

Definitely won't be doing anything like that. Just going to put the 32 in the SD slot and leave it there forever--or until I find somewhere else I want to use it, whichever comes first. :D

Thanks!