Question about coby kyros MID1126

victor_helio

Feb 23, 2012
Hello every one,

I´m new user in this web site and would like some help from you, and I appreciate if any one help me.

I just bought I coby kyros MID1126, and came totally locked, with no software installer only junk stuff that came with tablet, I appreciate if you people help me to and send me a procedure to.

* How to enter on boot screen.

* Unlock my table.

* Install market android

* Install my modem 3G from HUAWEI model E173.

I need the procedure to install everything from scratch , I´m new on this thing .

I know that is a lot of question, and I really appreciate any help.

Take care and thank you in advanced.

Sincerely,

Victor,

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Victor, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 2 Technical section for you. Hopefully, someone there may be able to help you out. Good luck!

traylord

Jan 6, 2012
Hello every one,

I´m new user in this web site and would like some help from you, and I appreciate if any one help me.

I just bought I coby kyros MID1126, and came totally locked, with no software installer only junk stuff that came with tablet, I appreciate if you people help me to and send me a procedure to.

* Unlock my table.

* Install market android

I need the procedure to install everything from scratch , I´m new on this thing .

Sincerely,

Victor,

Hi, I have the same tablet, and will start everything from zero. Will be using this forum:

http://kyros-tablet-zone.team-talk.net/forum

You can find everything you need in there, but basically the things to do are:
1.- Root the tablet
2.- Install KTZ recovery or CWM recovery
3.- Flash only the suitable rom from their forum

Good luck...

traylord

Jan 6, 2012
Hello every one,

* Unlock my table.

* Install market android

Sincerely,

Victor,

Hi there I just rooted mine (MID1126) with SuperOneClick 2.3.3 using the zergRush exploit. But what it took me longer was the W7 to recognize the tablet because when using the google usb drivers was detected as an Eclair phone and couldn't gain acces to it (always yellow exclamation mark on W7 devices administrator). Solved that by using modified drivers I found on line, I think I still have them if you need them. You shold read some about ADB, unless you are used to linux.

To enter fastboot vol down + power.
To enter revovery home + power.

Installin the Android Market is a brain killer if you want the new market, no problem installing the old one but won't show usual apps (flash, facebook, skype, gmail....and more) since is not signed as a google device.
Even with the new market working (took me several hours) still have to trick it by clearing data on the market app and changing the LCD density to 160, once that's done go to the market and run it once, then set back LCD density to 200.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s/28419-android-market-fix-common-issues.html

I haven't been able to get gmail push notifications.
Everything you need is in this forum, even custom roms, they have almost everyhing working with the original rom even flashplayer.

http://kyros-tablet-zone.team-talk.net/forum

Don't know anything about 3G modems, sorry.

Bye the way, can you tell me what happens in the settings-display-HDMI when you plug a cable in? Mine is grayed and won't let me choose LCD or HDMI, I'm affraid is a hardware problem.

Thanks

hpdc

Mar 19, 2012
Hello all...
Happy owner of a mid8024, bought the 1126 to have the multi-touch and a big display. But was a deception. A lot of reboots for nothing, the screen freezes all the time, hangs using the camera, the keyboard, a big mess. Noticed it's Telechip based instead using the Samsung S5PV210. What do you think about this change?
So I'm asking help... What your opinion about this tablet? Is a catch-22 situation or there is a way out?
Thank you all for any input...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Not much can be done with a telechip tablet, you can adjust the cpu speed make a few changes to the build.prop to allow better market results and increase internet speed, make sure you make a backup before making any changes to the tablet. the samsung is a better, faster tablet.

essjayar

Dec 17, 2011
Yep i'm an unhappy owner of a 1126 too :( I thought it was telechips, and was wondering about the samsung chip, so how come it's in the same family as those other devices?

It's best left stock ! I bought mine on holidays and went for this model because of the 4GB, and the bigger screen. My previous tablet was resistive so this capacitive model was a bit better. Pity it's not well supported by the developers/hackers/tweakers, and I only have a basic understanding of the android operating system.

Playing around with mine, flashing this and that and trying to tweak it a bit has left a non booting device :(

Need .img files for fastboot or a clockwork backup to get it working. I've said this in another thread, but I'm not trying to spam these forums - sorry.