Question about the Android Market and Google

FPGFHFMA

Dec 13, 2011
I have a google login, I have never had a smart phone. When I try to access the Android Market and it ask's me to sign in it said there is no phone associated with this account sign in using another account.
Can we access the Android Market using the Nook Tablet I have already added the Amazon market using the information I obtained here.
Is there a way around this or is this an issue that can not be resolved?

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
Check the version number of the nook software on your tab. If you have 1.4.0 then you can root your tablet to give you access to Google's Android Market. If you have 1.4.1, then you need to factory re-set your tab to get it to 1.4.0 to be able to root. Root access is the only way to get Android Market on the Nook Tablet.

You can find a lot of information about this over at the xda-forums.

Restoring to 1.4.0: [Stock Firmware]Restore Barnes & Nobel Nook 1.4.0 from SDCard - xda-developers
Rooting and adding gapps (Android Market): [Blocks OTA's!] Full root for Nook Tablet. [11/20/11] [Permanent root!] - xda-developers

FPGFHFMA

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for the reply, I don't want to root my tablet so I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the B&N and Amazon App store. Which is really good enough for me but it's nice to know I wasn't doing something wrong.