Question about upgrading

pustyak

May 10, 2011
I have a quick question about upgrading roms. Suppose I have phiremod or CM7 up and running on my Nook Color, and a new version comes out with added features that I need.

If I go ahead and upgrade, what happens to the apps that I bought/downloaded? Do I have to buy them again or download them again?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
if there is an update, you can just boot into recovery and select install zip from SD - your apps stay intact unless you wipe data (as stated in some of the install instructions) - having said that it might br worthwhile to get titanium backup and do a batch backup of your apps/data and should you need it, you can batch restore as well

oh anfd if you bought an app form the market, as long as you are logging in with the same account info, it should remember what you bought and you don't have to buy them again. You might have to redownload if you don't have a backup

I have a quick question about upgrading roms. Suppose I have phiremod or CM7 up and running on my Nook Color, and a new version comes out with added features that I need.

If I go ahead and upgrade, what happens to the apps that I bought/downloaded? Do I have to buy them again or download them again?

pustyak

May 10, 2011
if there is an update, you can just boot into recovery and select install zip from SD - your apps stay intact unless you wipe data (as stated in some of the install instructions) - having said that it might br worthwhile to get titanium backup and do a batch backup of your apps/data and should you need it, you can batch restore as well

oh anfd if you bought an app form the market, as long as you are logging in with the same account info, it should remember what you bought and you don't have to buy them again. You might have to redownload if you don't have a backup

Thanks. That is good to know. And you're right, in most of the install instructions, they say to wipe data. Sometimes it comes with a very strong warning to wipe data, at least it did when I installed on a G-Tab. So it's very good to know that I don't always have to wipe data.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks. That is good to know. And you're right, in most of the install instructions, they say to wipe data. Sometimes it comes with a very strong warning to wipe data, at least it did when I installed on a G-Tab. So it's very good to know that I don't always have to wipe data.

Generally you don't have to wipe data if you are updating the same ROM you already have installed (unless it is a major update and the developer notes it).