Question about Watery Kyros / Honeycomb for 7015

isyntax

Apr 6, 2011
Hi, I'm looking for an andriod tablet over for weeks and I found out that this Kyros 7015 is the best for less $200 tablets.
I'm browsing this forum all over the week to learn about this tablet.

I just have few questions here about that so called ROMs, Watery Kyros & Honeycomb.

I'm pretty new to this operating system.

(Sorry for bad english)
Does installing Watery Kyros or Honeycomb deletes the original OS of Coby 7015? I mean, the out of the box OS + updates from cobyusa.
Or installing those mods are just adding something to the original OS?

What will happen if I messed installing Watery Kyros? Is there a way to recover the out-of-the-box OS of my 7015?

Thank you. I hope you get my question.

Syntax.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
it removes. once you have clock work installed, the first thing you do is make a backup of your install, so you can always go back.

isyntax

Apr 6, 2011
Oh. So its like reformatting windows and putting a new OS? ..

Have you tried the honeycomb or watery kyros for Kyros 7015? ..

How about from Honeycomb to Watery Kyros? Do you have to do the rooting again? ..

Thank you, your reply is truly appreciated.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes.. You can always blow out the ROM (aka firmware) These tablets don't have any HDD more like SDD chip base memory for storage.
You need Z4Root to root this tablet. All you have to do is download Z4Root there are links to get you to that file. And run it and then reboot.
Then your rooted. Next is to get the ClockWork Recovery img file on your system. Everything is here to show how to do it.

isyntax

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you sir. Tipstir.

Now I'm confused. I'm reading all over the forum.
While my Kyros is on its way, I'm thinking of what to install.. Stick to the original firmware, or install watery kyros..

I heard from many that Watery Kyros do a lot of things than the original.
What if i'm installing the Watery Kyros to my 7015 right out of the box..?

Do I need to do the coby update?
Or I just root, install clockwork and install Watery Kyros?

I thought reading alot in forums would make it clear, now I'm mixed and I need a final word..
Thanks for replying sir.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You're free to use any ROM here. Everyone going to have their own favorites. OEM is the best one if you tweak it right you can have a good ROM that's Rooted and have Market on it. That's all you really need. Or you can choose any of the other ROM designs here?

isyntax

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you sir tipstir..

So, the update from cobyusa is not really needed IF I'm going to use non-Coby ROMS?

isyntax

Apr 6, 2011
Alright ! Thank you guys ! .. Hopefully my gadget will arrive on Monday to begin the experiment.

*Close* Ty