question for cfrockit

dwarf365

Jul 16, 2011
Have a question ,you stated to me "Many of the SYTABEX7 tablets have been successfully updated/restored using 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius." i broke my tablet and not knowing my devices hardware id went ahead and loaded 11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3.ius that worked good. Well i got cocky and didn't heed your warning and flashed 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius, big mistake! Full on "brick" no power no responce. So I go back to cvs, trade it in get home and find its an older 2.01 device. I think whatever ill just reflash to 11.2.0.7.0, and while it seems everything is working fine, 90% of the right audio channel is gone. you can balance it out on the stereo and turn it up but thats lost volume. Do you think beta4 will brick this tablet and if not might it fix the audio? Also you referred some one to my post for help! That means a lot to me :)

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Have a question ,you stated to me "Many of the SYTABEX7 tablets have been successfully updated/restored using 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius." i broke my tablet and not knowing my devices hardware id went ahead and loaded 11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3.ius that worked good. Well i got cocky and didn't heed your warning and flashed 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius, big mistake! Full on "brick" no power no responce. So I go back to cvs, trade it in get home and find its an older 2.01 device. I think whatever ill just reflash to 11.2.0.7.0, and while it seems everything is working fine, 90% of the right audio channel is gone. you can balance it out on the stereo and turn it up but thats lost volume. Do you think beta4 will brick this tablet and if not might it fix the audio? Also you referred some one to my post for help! That means a lot to me :)
dwarf365, No need to call me out in the title as I read most everything here and everywhere related to infoTM devices. The more descriptive the thread title the more it catches everyone's attention, you don't just want me responding as I keep repeating the same things. As in the following:

The Number 1 thing to do when you get one of these tablets is to make sure you know the Hardware ID "hwver". The newer Settings application is now displaying this information on the "About Device" screen. On the older versions follow How to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo" Step 1.

Step 1: Hardware version identification either using adb or a Terminal Emulator application

Alternate Step 1) Terminal Emulator method to determine "hwver" without root access - Post #47 #cat /proc/cmdline

adb Method) Using "adb" query the device with this command - adb shell cat /proc/cmdline

Once you have the tablets Hardware ID "hwver" you can be pretty confident that the corresponding InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file will work as expected.

No need to guess unless Step 1 wasn't followed before the device was bricked.

Again, all of the update files obtained from the infoTMIC update server seem to be "beta". We are still waiting on Digital Gadgets (and Disgo) to release an "official" Over The Air (OTA) update.

PS Check your Notifications on the top right of the page.

Last edited: