Question for V712

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
I have a question regarding my V712. Everytime my V712 for example is asleep then I want to use, of course the first thing I'll do is to press the power button for it to switch on and so I can unlock it but the problem is that it is not that responsive or quick. Every time I press the power button it takes like 3 seconds before it switches on. It is not like any other electronic device that when you press the power button it just switches on. Though every time I press the power button to switch it off (put it to asleep) it responses quickly. I have this problem since I bought it, is there any fix for this? I can live with it, but it is just kind a annoying.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
When you press the lock key it will go black straight away but behind that it is closing everything down, hence the long standby battery life, when you press to open it the 3 second delay is the system reading the memory state and restarting everything back up.

Dec 4, 2012
My pause is a bit shorter, maybe 1.5 - 2 seconds, but it's still there. I don't think there is any way to get rid of it altogether, but I'm guessing the time will vary depending on how much you have running/installed.

Dec 3, 2012
I've had my V712 for a few weeks now, with firmware updated thanks to iiDiabolusZz's method. A few problems/questions:

- The Netflix app plays fine, other than having no sound. Sound for other apps works fine. Anyone else with this problem, and any solutions?

- The pre-installed Talk app doesn't work, giving me "Unfortunately, Talk has stopped" when I try to start it.

- The battery life isn't what I was expecting. I bought the 5000mAh model from Onda's site, but this battery monitor app reads 1500mAh at full (maybe it has a cap of 1500, if it's meant for phones?). If I use it off-and-on when I get home from work, I need to plug it in before I go to bed.

I'd appreciate any advice.

eptamtheo

Nov 20, 2012
I have problem with the battery too. From 50% it discharges in a few minutes.
Can I change the battery with another more efficient?
Does anyone knows what battery to buy and how to change it?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I've had my V712 for a few weeks now, with firmware updated thanks to iiDiabolusZz's method. A few problems/questions:

- The Netflix app plays fine, other than having no sound. Sound for other apps works fine. Anyone else with this problem, and any solutions?

- The pre-installed Talk app doesn't work, giving me "Unfortunately, Talk has stopped" when I try to start it.

- The battery life isn't what I was expecting. I bought the 5000mAh model from Onda's site, but this battery monitor app reads 1500mAh at full (maybe it has a cap of 1500, if it's meant for phones?). If I use it off-and-on when I get home from work, I need to plug it in before I go to bed.

Have you tried the new root method, it installs the extra codecs etc, might be worth a try, just use the ROOT SECTION in the link below, it wont uninstall any apps you have added or change any settings etc but it will update your store/chrome/voice search/talk - as for the battery there are known problems on the v712 i will see if any one has got any where with onda.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-play-store-google-apps-root-explorer.html

Dec 3, 2012
Have you tried the new root method

Negative; I did the method in this closed thread. Should I re-root this way?

as for the battery there are known problems on the v712 i will see if any one has got any where with onda.

Thanks. I'd appreciate anything you come up with. I wish the box or the device itself or somewhere actually confirmed that I got what I ordered, as there are 3000mAh models for sale too.

For what it's worth, I contacted the developer of the battery monitor app I mentioned, and he said that it just defaults to 1500mAh if it doesn't recognize the device, since there's no way to directly access the max battery capacity from Android.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2012
Any idea about the Netflix issue (no sound)? Does anyone else have Netflix working right on their v712? My installed version is 2.1.1 build 751... would it be worth trying an earlier version?

Red7

Dec 26, 2012
I have a question regarding my V712. Everytime my V712 for example is asleep then I want to use, of course the first thing I'll do is to press the power button for it to switch on and so I can unlock it but the problem is that it is not that responsive or quick. Every time I press the power button it takes like 3 seconds before it switches on. It is not like any other electronic device that when you press the power button it just switches on. Though every time I press the power button to switch it off (put it to asleep) it responses quickly. I have this problem since I bought it, is there any fix for this? I can live with it, but it is just kind a annoying.
To the OP, are you running ICS or JB? I noticed a good change in this going to the JB OS. ICS is a bit lagging. So if you are still on the original ICS, download the update from onda.cn

1. My netflix works just fine. I'll check what version tonight. Just to clarify, you updated to v2.0 JB right? Try doing the root that iiDiabolusZz provided, it all worked fine for me.
2. Haven't tried it.
3. Yeah sorry, no such thing as a 5000mAH battery option from onda for this. All have just a 3000mAH battery, only option is 8/16gb: ONDA

I have problem with the battery too. From 50% it discharges in a few minutes.
Can I change the battery with another more efficient?
Does anyone knows what battery to buy and how to change it?
Try doing the 'battery calibration' app. You need to have root access. As for a new battery, I've got a couple requests in for a battery from suppliers, I'll check back.

Any idea about the Netflix issue (no sound)? Does anyone else have Netflix working right on their v712? My installed version is 2.1.1 build 751... would it be worth trying an earlier version?
I watched tranformers just fine last night.

GuustFlater89

Sep 27, 2012
As for a new battery, I've got a couple requests in for a battery from suppliers, I'll check back.

As for a new battery, mine died forever. :( The battery became thicker and my V712 is shutdown at 80% already. When I recharge it starts at 80% till 100%. After disconnecting, it will go from 100% to 80% in about 15 minutes and then shutdown (no software shutdown, but it just goes black and gives the empty battery icon when trying to restart).

I'm very interested in good replacement options, that fit inside the original tablet. I have found an option from LG (See) but maybe there are better options?

Dec 3, 2012
1. My netflix works just fine. I'll check what version tonight. Just to clarify, you updated to v2.0 JB right? Try doing the root that iiDiabolusZz provided, it all worked fine for me.
2. Haven't tried it.
3. Yeah sorry, no such thing as a 5000mAH battery option from onda for this. All have just a 3000mAH battery, only option is 8/16gb: ONDA

1. I followed a different guide by iiDiabolusZz (see previous post), with v2.0, Android 4.0.3 (4.1 sounded still unproven, and I don't want to lose flash). I may or may not try the new instructions though, if that's what it takes to get Netflix and gtalk working right. There's a flash game site I'm a fan of, so I'm not decided. Is it a recommended trade-off, and is 4.1 otherwise good to go for the V712?

3. According to the page I linked of the site I ordered mine from, it's 5000 mAh. I just used their contact page to confirm, so I'll see what they have to say.

Thanks for the response!

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
To the OP, are you running ICS or JB? I noticed a good change in this going to the JB OS. ICS is a bit lagging. So if you are still on the original ICS, download the update from onda.cn

2. Haven't tried it.

Try doing the 'battery calibration' app. You need to have root access. As for a new battery, I've got a couple requests in for a battery from suppliers, I'll check back.

I watched tranformers just fine last night.

The battery, I have to say your incorrect, my V711 had a 5000mAh battery, I know because my battery calibration was at 4860mAh so it must have been a 5000mAh battery when I get my V712 I will do the same to see (My V711 had a screen issue I sent it back to where I bought it)