Questions Questions from new user

ellandry

Sep 26, 2011
Ok I have my Tablet, I like it but I feel uneasy about a few things and need some advice and assistance so I dont get frustrated and return it LOL.

1. I have a Blackberry Torch which in the past I have tethered to my laptop using a program called PDANET and it has worked well. I know there is a version of PDANET for Android but since I cannot seem to find a Blackberry device driver for Android I cannot figure out a way to tether the A500 to my Torch for internet access. Unfortunately the Torch does not have a Wifi hotspot option like other smartphones do.

2. Netflix- I have it running but when I try to play a movie it comes up with an error that it lost connection to the server. Does anyone see this being resolved anytime soon?

3. Cases- Are the cases with the built in keyboard worth getting?

4. I have read a little bit about rooting the A500 and would like to understand what benefits would this serve? Can I get more things to work with the A500 if it is rooted?

5. 3G- I know AT&T is releasing the A501 which will have 4G capability. Is there an inexpensive 3G addon that I can get for the A500 that would allow me to use the 3G capable SIM card from my Torch for internet access?

Sorry for all the questions I am a very techy guy when it comes to Windows and Blackberry but I am lost when it comes to Android

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There are lots of threads here that cover all of these topics.

Some are marked sticky, so they are at the top. Others take a little digging, but its worth the effort because you will
get a variety of opinions.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
2. Netflix- I have it running but when I try to play a movie it comes up with an error that it lost connection to the server. Does anyone see this being resolved anytime soon?

How did you get Netflix running?