Questions

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
I have a superpad on order. It has android 2.1. I have some questions.

1. Can I backup it up?
2. Can I upgrade from android 2.1 to android 3.0?
3. Can I connect it to my PC with a usb cable or via networking?

Thank you

atriad

Apr 30, 2011
Congrats on the purchase of your Superpad.

1. Can I backup it up?

There are many backup programs, some require you root the device. The most recommend Android Backup Application is Titanium Backup, but this requires you to root the device. Of course, there's many different apps out there, check out the market for additional apps. Some are free (with ads) others or full versions may require you to purchase them.

2. Can I upgrade from android 2.1 to android 3.0?

You can upgrade it to 2.2 so far. There may be unofficial ROMs out there that'll install 3.0 but nothing in the very near future.

3. Can I connect it to my PC with a usb cable or via networking?

There are several ways it can 'talk' to your computer. You can use an "A" to "A" USB Cable, you can use WIFI to transfer files. I recommend using a program called AndSMB which allows you to file transfer using windows (SMB) file sharing. Of course out of the box you can use HTTP to transfer files (provided you have a web server on your computer). You can also simply remove the MicroSD card and use an adaptor to plug it into your computer/printer and transfer files that way. This may be the fastest if copying movies/large pictures, etc...

Good Luck,

Paul

Last edited:

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
Thanks for the information. Do I need a specialized usb cable or will a standard one due? I don't want to blow the device out. I am going to mess around with it and see what I can do. Thanks again.

atriad

Apr 30, 2011
Generally an A to A cable is a specialty item. The usual USB configuration cable is A to B (B being that 6 side half octagon). There are tutorials on the site about those who've butchered 2 usb cables to make an A to A cable, but if you have a Microcenter, Frys, etc.. nearby it just may be easier to buy one.