quetion about flytouch 2

skye lee

Nov 4, 2010
hi, i got none branded 7 inch one this week from the ebay and i decided to refund it and add some more to get flytouch 2 instead.
first question is is this flytouch2 from this website is real not fake.
Flying Touch II 10.1 inch Google Android 2.1 GPS MID Tablet PC
please let me know asap so i can place order as soon as i can.
it is just too cheap to be true.. so if it is then i'll order it tonight.

2nd; does anyone working on 2.2 froyo for this flytouch 2?
3rd; do we have rooted rom for this.
thanks in advanced.

rocky289

Nov 18, 2010
I am also looking round at these & that price is about average for a lot of the Chinese sites. Don't forget you have to add shipping onto that.
From my research, the 2.2 will work better on devices with 512MB Ram (Just what I have read, I am no expert)
Regarding the firmware, if you search through the various Android forums, there is some available, but it's early days yet.

mrburkley

Nov 24, 2010
Friends,

The FlyTouch2 looks great in spec and on Youtube videos. I do have a question about the 256 meg of RAM that is in the tablet. Is that enough to do anything? I read somewhere that a person said that wasn't enough to load any programs. I find it hard to believe that a company would make such an excellent tablet with an amount of RAM that was useless, but I don't know! I'm coming from a Windows machine mindset, in which 256 meg of RAM isn't enough. Is it enough for the FlyTouch2?

Also, does anyone know if Google's SkyMap will work with the FlyTouch2?

Thanks for any help!

--Michael

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
I got my superpad on ebay from china. someone called lucky-cn or something. I won the bid at $185 free postage, took 2 weeks to arrive no problem.
I have a keyboard a mouse and 3 usb memsticks and one sd so far and it only slows down a bit. i have 2 panels filled and one empty.
There is no notepad which would make it complete for my purposes.

colin4unow

Jan 24, 2011
Yes google sky map works with my flytouch 2 and you need a 3g dongle for 3g see this forum for completable 3g dongles.

mrburkley

Nov 24, 2010
can the flytouch 2 ram be upgraded

No, it can't be upgraded (short of unsoldering the RAM chips, but even then I suspect that the ROM looks for the 256 meg rather than anything else). The 256 meg is PLENTY. I have about 60 programs installed on my HyPE-Pad (it looks the same as the Flytouch2, but is a bit different) and have not gone below 60% RAM available.