Quick & Dirty JB Impressions...

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I've gotta get out of the house to get to work in approx. 3 minutes, so I've gotta make this quick. How about an official "What I think of JB" type thread?

I'll start:

Pros
  • Heat is reduced
  • Games are much smoother. Played Horn for half an hour with no noticeable lag.
  • Nova Launcher is perfect.
  • Screen is much more responsive...Corners register on first touch instead of third or tenth...
  • My wifi is working wonderfully now. Previously I was unable to watch Netflix or Crackle in the bedroom, but was able to watch my first Crackle movie in bed last night. Speeds are MUCH faster.

--- Let me qualify the wifi with another actual example from work today. Was in a meeting in a building on campus with no wifi. My A700 was able to (just barely, but useable) connect to wifi from the next building. I was the only person with an Android tablet. None of the Macbooks or Dells or HPs.....Or iPads ( HA! ) were able to get any signal. In a room full of technology, I was the only person able to play around on the interwebs. ---

Cons
  • Basic launcher still laggy.
  • Chrome is laggy and buggy.
  • Bundled ACER Bloatware eats up much more memory on JB than ICS

I'm pleased, overall. Would never go back to ICS. This is what the tablet should have been three months ago.

Last edited: